The 2009 release of the ZERO is now available!

We here at Defcon HQ are proud to announce that the 2009 ZERO is now released to the masses. This stuff, the most evil stuff we make, is beyond hot. It is even hotter than last year's Batch #5 release. It's much different than a lot of stuff out there, as this is an all-natural Habanero extract. The creation of it utilizes NO machines and/or chemicals in it's construction. It comes in a 1/4 ounce vial, which will last you a long time. There are a VERY limited number of these available, and once they are gone, they are GONE, not to be available again until around this time next year.

Get 'em while they're HOT!!!!

Just go to the normal order page, and you will see the little beauties. They are $30/each, which may sound a bit expensive, but if you take into consideration the amount of Orange Habaneros it took to make this stuff, and the personal agony and pain suffered in its creation, it's worth it!​

DEFCON Creator said:
and the personal agony and pain suffered in its creation, it's worth it!​

Didn't hurt me a bit Creator... ;)

yes sir, to me it IS hotter than last year...

AlabamaJack said:
Didn't hurt me a bit Creator...

Of course it didn't, yours came in a nice little sealed container. Perhaps next year, you can come up and visit, and I'll bring you into the Room of Abject Evil, and allow you to breathe deep as I turn off the reverse pressure hood. :lol:

what don't kill ya' makes ya' stronger....

:I think:

A trip northeast would be great but until I get my automated watering system designed, installed, and working I am tied to Fort Worth during growing season...

Didn't you say you started with 50 lbs of O Habs to get 4 ounces of Zero?

That's a lot of hab to cook out, your a braver man than me. Product looks great, Creator do you find people open them or keep them as a collectors item? I think You'd have to give them a taste, it seems like a waste for all that effort if they don't get to feel the burn.

Gah!!!!!!!!!1 I really want one, but the shipping cost the same as the product. :(
Actually that's the only reason I haven't purchased any Defcon products by now.

stillmanz said:
That's a lot of hab to cook out, your a braver man than me. Product looks great, Creator do you find people open them or keep them as a collectors item? I think You'd have to give them a taste, it seems like a waste for all that effort if they don't get to feel the burn.

Thanks man. Well, normally we put out both a collector bottle and a regular vial. This year, with the economy sucking so much, we chose not to do a collector bottle, as people don't have a lot of disposable cash right now. The people that are buying this release seem to be buying 2 at a time. I'm pretty sure they are buying one to eat and one to put on their Shelf of Doom.

As for the reduction, yeah, we go through a LOT of peppers. We distill it roughly 6 times, and use liquid CO2 between certain distillations as a shock catalyst to purify the product. It comes out as pretty much an oily sludge of micro-particles. As I've stated before, it's a loooong process (about 8 months), but we pride ourselves on not using any chemicals or machines in the processing of it (besides grinding up the dried peppers).

We added a step this year, and in doing so actusally made the stuff smell very good, believe it or not. It smells kind of like vanilla, although there is no vanilla in it.

Omri said:
Gah!!!!!!!!!1 I really want one, but the shipping cost the same as the product. :(
Actually that's the only reason I haven't purchased any Defcon products by now.

Understood, but there's not much I can do about international shipping rates. We're currently working on setting up a distribution network within Europe. When this is in place, it should cut the shipping rates overseas by a good amount. This will be a little while to set all this up, but so far so good.

Back