• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The 2012 Olympics!

Hey everyone!

I haven't really ever been to much into the olympics but this year I have watched a little bit. I'd like to hear what your views and interests are...below is some of mine!!!

I do enjoy watching some of the equestrian events. It's been difficult for me to watch them because of the times that they have been on so far. I think I like the jumping events the most but at the same time they give me the most anxiety especially because I ride horses and know that the rider could be awesome and the horse could just decide to douche bag all over and injure the rider. Or vise versa, the rider could be a douche and push the horse to do something that is incorrect and injure the horse (which would bother me more than the person getting hurt!).

I have watched a few swimming races and I only enjoy it because it freaks me out how they look like robots! Also, it seems like they are moving so slow and they make it look extremely easy, so its not as exciting in my view, even though they obviously kick ass.

Last night I watched some of the mens gymnastics and OMG mens USA you blow. One thing I was surprised by was how jacked the men were; I always thought that gymnasts were scrony, apparently the men are extremely jacked. Kind of disappointed America..atleast its just gymnastics......

Finally, I watched a little skeet shooting. The mens, well one man, USA WON!! which actually is awesome because he won gold last year at the same event, and he is the first gold metal olympian to win the same skeet shooting event twice.

One thing I have noticed is that the coverage is only on the US teams...is this the same in every country?! Are they only showing you your countries team competeing?! Obviously not for something like swimming or the skeet shooting; but volleyballl and gymnastics it was only the US teams that were aired for the most part. I know a lot is going on and many events at once but I want to see the competition also!

What do you guys think? Thanks for letting me rant :oP

xoxo Nicole

im waiting for track&field here. i like swimming too

One thing I have noticed is that the coverage is only on the US teams...is this the same in every country?! Are they only showing you your countries team competeing?! Obviously not for something like swimming or the skeet shooting; but volleyballl and gymnastics it was only the US teams that were aired for the most part. I know a lot is going on and many events at once but I want to see the competition also!

What do you guys think? Thanks for letting me rant :oP

xoxo Nicole

i wanted to watch that skeet shooting, that girls kimberly she's trains in redlands, that a city close by from here i guess she did really really good? missed it :(

Handball is THE awesome. We need to take some NBA type athletes, lock them in a gym until they learn the game, and we'd dominate handball for ages. Really entertaining game, love watching it so far.

im waiting for track&field here. i like swimming too

i wanted to watch that skeet shooting, that girls kimberly she's trains in redlands, that a city close by from here i guess she did really really good? missed it :(

Ive never watched the track and field maybe I will check it out. I didnt get a chance to see the womens skeet shooting so Im not sure how the US did for that; I just saw the mens then had to leave the house :o/

... womans gymnastics.. the uneven bars is on now... I LOVE watching this!

Soccer.

Soccer.

Soccer.

My favorite sport has always been International soccer. I can't watch the MLS (american),
But to watch Brazil and Mexico or Japan and Spain, etc etc etc OMG.

I watch all 64 games of the World Cup, and same with the Olympics, Men's and Women's.

It's like Christmas right now.

Handball is THE awesome. We need to take some NBA type athletes, lock them in a gym until they learn the game, and we'd dominate handball for ages. Really entertaining game, love watching it so far.

heh, probably not. Those big NBA types are too slow and not very agile compared to handball players. Plus, if you think they will have an advantage when attacking because of their size, think again... because if you come on to strong and just force your way through the defence, you will get penalized. I don't know what the fault is named in english, but its very similar to unnecessary roughness you see in the NFL.

Anyway... back to the subject. My favorit sport in the OL are: Handball and soccer.

Soccer.

Soccer.

Soccer.

My favorite sport has always been International soccer. I can't watch the MLS (american),
But to watch Brazil and Mexico or Japan and Spain, etc etc etc OMG.

I watch all 64 games of the World Cup, and same with the Olympics, Men's and Women's.

It's like Christmas right now.

Heh, i follow you... do you have the opportunity to watch UEFA Champions League too? because the teams that compete there are the best ones from each European country and many of them are better than the national Brazilian soccer team. It really is the top of the top, as far as soccer goes. If you take teams like Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern München, Chealsea, ect they are all better than any national soccer team.

Back