• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The 7-pot Rennie

Many thanks to Jamison for sending me this pepper. I think most here know the background on this one. The pepper was found in an uncultivated field in Trinidad, sent to Armac and he distributed them to numerous growers. 

It`s hard to know if this is a new landrace of 7-pot and I`m not qualified to know. it is, however, a really really good pepper. To me, it is most similar to the 7-pot barrackpore, but I wouldn`t say it was the same pepper. It would be interesting to know where in Trinidad it was found. 

The flavour is fruity, without being sweet at all and the heat starts out slowly and builds to Volcano-like levels. I`d say this is just as hot and painful as the barrackpore, at least for me. It really is very hot indeed. 

Great pepper. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWfV90M18eQ&feature=youtu.be

Man, that one lit you up! Nice review. Definitely makes me look forward to having supers in the garden next season.

Cool back story on the pepper too, I hadn't heard of it and enjoyed the story. One plant in Trinidad, a few seeds, a THP member... put 'em together and BAM it spreads like wildfire across the country. Awesome.

This is probably my last haul of Rennie unless my water technique works again tonight then I might be safe for 10 more days.

1378879_672229972810732_1238232158_n.jpg

Back