The best "bird eye" pepper

Hi,

im looking for a "anuum" variety with very small and hot fruits.

The plant should grow big and have a ton of small peppers.

And they should, of cource, taste good :-)

It want to eat them pure (fresh or dried), so they should not have to many seeds, or at least the seeds should no disturb too much (not bitter or hard). 

Can you reccomend some plants?

The small Thai pepper Prik kee nuu.

061814200516_zpsf5eae5d3.jpg

Texas bird pepper....high yield and can grow into a large bush
Zimbabwe bird pepper....high yield can grow into a small bush(great for containers)

Both taste great

Mine was in a two gallon pot and gave me so many peppers I could not keep up. I'm thinking bigger pot = bigger plant. Taste is really nice with a great heat that bites big then lingers on the tounge and lips. Use it in the Thai dipping sauce nam pla prick. AWESOME with sticky rice.

ask in the forum im sure someone is selling some fresh pods or seeds.....u can prolly even get the seeds free from most people on here.

Thank you for the feedback guys. I want to make a cross myself. The "Tepin x Lemon Drop" seems great, i would love to create a similar pod.

Where does it have the thick skin from? Has "Tepin" a thick skin ?

Which of the chilis you named have a tick skin / not too many seeds?

What do you guys think about "Pequin" ? It should have a unique flavour and is hot.

Does somebody has grown it before?

Zackorz said:
What do you guys think about "Pequin" ? It should have a unique flavour and is hot.

Does somebody has grown it before?

sadly ive never tried them but growing up they seemed easy to grow since my grandparents always had like 3 or 4 just sitting on the window sill and they get tons of pods on them!

KingChile said:

sadly ive never tried them but growing up they seemed easy to grow since my grandparents always had like 3 or 4 just sitting on the window sill and they get tons of pods on them!

Sounds good, i will give them a try. I love wild peppers, they are so unqiue sometimes. My first "capsicum chacoense" was ripe today.

It was quite suprising for me how juicy and soft the fruit was.  And the "punch" was really huge.  ;)

I just planted 3 seeds of "ChileTepin", have very few so being careful. What flavour difference is their to the Lemon ones? (lemon :) )I have not tried the regular ones so i have not bases.

Back