• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The Birthday Harvest

Well it's my birthday so I figured instead of spending more money, why don't I just stay home and fix the neglected mess that is my garden.

Well here's the result...

191a7227.jpg

From the top, starting left...
Bag 1 - Serrano and small cayenne-type peppers picked from my extra patio plants.
Bag 2 - Mix of Golden nugget, habanero, red peppers, and other misc peppers
Bag 3 - Slim cayenne peppers
Row 2
Bag 1 - Pueblo peppers
Bag 2 (small bag) - Ghost peppers
Sitting out - Crimson torpedos
Bag 3 - Jalapenos
Lower row
Bag 1, 2, and 3 - Jamaican Reds
Also Green bells, a few more orange habaneros, and 2 random peppers I haven't identified.

The pueblos, while high yeilding, are an absolute pain to harvest. They grow in clumps, which is cool, but the stems are thick and barely budge. Using cutters is helpful but not as much as it would seem. I felt better off just chopping the whole tops off, which I ended up doing on a few of them.

The Jamaican reds are all from one plant that has experienced its third harvest of the season. It grows peppers just so quicky, it's amazing.

The jalapenos are all from my 2nd year plant. I never got around to doing my other garden plants, since I just harvested them a week ago or so. Same with my ghost peppers.

But my garden bhuts are on their way! They look so viscious too.

4c0c67e8.jpg

Well it's my birthday so I figured instead of spending more money, why don't I just stay home and fix the neglected mess that is my garden.

Holy muther****** mang! That's a nice haul. Happy B-Day too! :cheers: :high:

My B-Day is on the 29th this month. Same as Michael Jackson and Daniel Estulin. I have no idea how I'm gonna party down the 31st. Celebrating ten years of legal drinking? :drunk:

What are you going to do with all those pods? Looks like you're freezing a good deal of them.

I've also neglected my little garden for the last week or so and I had a ton of ripe pods I harvested this afternoon. Not as many as you though. They're in the dehydrator right now and there's a few fresh ones I'm gonna put on my burger tonight. Can't wait.

Back