• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The butterfly-fusion cotyledon

This nice fusioned cotyledon belongs to one of the Dorset Naga Nova Strain seedlings.

ButterflyCotyledon.jpg

That is rather cool! Another thing to note about the pods that i got seeds from is that A LOT had another little naga growing inside the bigger one. I would say that approx 15-20% showed this.

It's pretty cool because you can remove them dry them out and then you have little "naga bombs" that can be used to spice up single dishes or your bowl of noodles. :)

Thanks for the heads up 'dillo.

Novacastrian said:
That is rather cool! Another thing to note about the pods that i got seeds from is that A LOT had another little naga growing inside the bigger one. I would say that approx 15-20% showed this.

So they're MUTANTS? :lol: How's the heat? Nuclear?

Novacastrian said:
Another thing to note about the pods that i got seeds from is that A LOT had another little naga growing inside the bigger one. I would say that approx 15-20% showed this.

That is very weird!!! :D

A truly Nova Double Bang Naga. :)

Armadillo said:
So they're MUTANTS? :lol: How's the heat? Nuclear?

Pretty hot mate, the heat isn't a stingy heat like a hab. For me at least it kinda starts to heat your face up and then your body. They hot but the heat is very "do-able" if you know what i mean, hell even i don't really know what i mean this morning carry on!

Is stuff like that caused by mutation or do the cotyledons accidentally fusion because they stick to close together or, in the other case, split because of too much tension in the seed?

I really don't know but tend to think it is a genetic trait. It seems that the info in the seed failed to tell the leaves to seperate! JMO

Novacastrian said:
Thanks for sharing peppercrazy, i like to see weird stuff like that.

No problem! I am glad to have a place where we are all able to relate with these kinds of weird things.

My guess for why it happens would be that maybe while still in the seed casing, if it takes a little longer for the seedling to get out of the casing, the two cotyledons fuse together and then they sprout like this, because the other leaf on mines appears to be a true leaf.

Back