• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review The Chilli Pepper Company's NEW Dragon's Breath sauce and dried chillies

I got some primo swamp land I can sell you too. The interest in swamp land territories is projected to increase by 6000% by the year 2083.

Is Mr. Primeaux's name on the docs? I'm not interested otherwise.

jP1huC1.jpg

I am going to start a hot sauce company this month all being well, The first sauce is going to be a 75% Dragon's Breath chilli sauce. I Will be planting seeds very soon. Exited !

Is the Dragon's Breath chilli for sure a real thing?  I heard about it a while ago, but I've never actually seen or tasted one.  To me, it seems like I'm about as likely to encounter a unicorn as I am to get a Dragon's Breath or Pepper X in my hand.  It's just weird that both peppers claim to be the hottest and though they were apparently tested well over a year ago, Carolina Reaper is still #1 in Guinness Records. 

I tried The Last Dab hot sauce with Pepper X when it first came out, but it definitely wasn't as hot as most reaper sauces that I've had.  I've heard that new batches are hotter, but I don't want to pay the money to ship it to Canada again to find out.  I'm afraid to be disappointed again, though it did have great flavour.  

It definitely seems to be a real pepper but there is no definitive proof of anything beyond that. Even if there was, though, it's a new variety not stable enough to hold a record. Unlike Pepper X, which has alledgedly been grown in secret for a decade. The fact that Pepper X still hasn't had the record that we were promised would appear over a year ago makes it seem very sketchy.

As for The Last Dab, I found my bottle significantly hotter than any Reaper sauce that I have tried but not even close to its 2.3 million SHU claim. Compared to extract sauces, it was more like 0.4 million.

Hot Reviews said:
Is the Dragon's Breath chilli for sure a real thing?  I heard about it a while ago, but I've never actually seen or tasted one.  To me, it seems like I'm about as likely to encounter a unicorn as I am to get a Dragon's Breath or Pepper X in my hand.  It's just weird that both peppers claim to be the hottest and though they were apparently tested well over a year ago, Carolina Reaper is still #1 in Guinness Records. 

I tried The Last Dab hot sauce with Pepper X when it first came out, but it definitely wasn't as hot as most reaper sauces that I've had.  I've heard that new batches are hotter, but I don't want to pay the money to ship it to Canada again to find out.  I'm afraid to be disappointed again, though it did have great flavour.  
Dragons breath is hard to come by and not sure if Chillibob sent D squad seeds lol but one pepper that I had just the tip was hot enough that after every ice cream bite it got worse until bowl 2 half way. I had brought to Xmas eve with my fam and those 2 were ghost hot. Unstable and probably why it didnt dethrone reaper, pepper x is probably next but maybe Eds not liking the shu #s so more tests Im sure. We will see as always lol

Hot Reviews said:
Is the Dragon's Breath chilli for sure a real thing?  I heard about it a while ago, but I've never actually seen or tasted one.  

Well, AJ Drew got some Dragon's Breath seeds from ChilliBobs and grew them out in 2018. Dragon's Breath seeds from his grow were available on his site briefly. They are currently sold out, but he gives his thoughts on the variety here: http://www.peppersbymail.com/product/dragons-breath-seeds-for-sale/

Back