• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

The Chocolate Fatali

I just picked my first ripe chocolate fatali and one of my chocolate habanero peppers to do a side by side taste test. My new favorite tasting chocolate pepper is for sure the fatali. It was sweet and citrusy with no hint of the distinctive chinense flavor or bitterness. Don't get me wrong the choc hab tastes great but the fatali to me wins hands down. 

I've been wondering about these. I've been on a "best chocolate" quest recently, and Fataliis are so good tasting, I wondered if that would carry on to the chocolate type. Chocolate habs have a really mello taste and make a great mello powder that isn't too hot for the people who want it that way. The Fatalii should be hotter.
This last Monday we got to try our first giant chocolate congo and a Kraken. The Congo had a really good taste and was way hotter than I was expecting. The bartender for one of the first times, got a huge endorphin rush after that. The problem was that I was thinking it was less hot, so I served it to everyone as "pepper number 4" of the 11 we would try that night. He didn't have a chance that night. We were trying new ones every 15 minutes, and I tried to start at the least hot, going to most hot. The Kraken was just awesome, but maybe not the best for taste. Now I have to try some of these. Tom

Back