THE drawer.

This is my container drawer 15 min ago.

image.jpeg

This is everything in it. I had to smoosh everything.

image.jpeg

So now to organize and clean the nasty stuff on the bottom of the drawer.

How many need to do this?

I am mostly wondering one thing. If you only put clean, empty containers into it, where did the nasty stuff on the bottom come from??? I have a container drawer and never have that problem.

:think:  :think:  :think:  :think:  :think:  :think:  :think:  :think:  :think:

Though I do have a problem from time to time with the containers that make it into the fridge.... but that's a story for another thread!

geeme said:
I am mostly wondering one thing. If you only put clean, empty containers into it, where did the nasty stuff on the bottom come from??? I have a container drawer and never have that problem.

One word Geeme.

Kids

Or more accurately

Teenagers

Mine are horrible about cleanliness and I can only guess that Alynne has the same issue.

Mine is more like an entire cabinet!

And I just got rid of/recycled a whole bunch of plastic containers and jars. If something is in a nice and attractive container, I seem to find myself coming up with a justification that I'll 'use it for something'... sometime 'in the future'. Many I do re-purpose and re-use consistently for things like leftovers, etc. (just used a large yogurt container for rice the other day)  

When you have things falling out of the cabinets almost every time you open them, that's a sign you (me!) need to do a cleaning of 'pack rat' inventory/disposal! Lol!

I might just do that this weekend... but probably not... I'll likely just keep smooshing and stacking!  :lol:

My teenager just blasted out the fridge a week ago. Literally hauled two trash bags of jars and such out of the fridge. I'm afraid of what he would do with the plastics.....

Gold star for Salsa Kid SL!!! That's awesome!

I'm so neurotic when it comes to containers/jars/bottles, that I actually have one shelf (easily accessible) for the "good" used containers, and another shelf (tucked away) for the "less good" ones. Who does that? Why would I even save those "less good" ones?! 

Because those are never to be washed again. By me. Ever. I use them for scooping soil, storing work supplies, seed starters, giving them away filled with whatever...but I will never, ever have to wash them again! And, for the record, 68% of my saved used containers are from SalsaLady's salsa!!!  :rofl:

It is hard to justify continually washing salsa tubs.  And they do work great for nuts and bolts, plant starts, .... in the art room at the grade school for water for pottery/painting/paper mache... That was fun when I saw a whole stack of plastic tubs in the art room from butter, cottage cheese, salsa.... :lol:  

Back