• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

The fragrant aroma of ...

...an orchid?

Yes!

This Cattleya sp. that just put out it's first flower in my possession has an incredible intoxicating scent.

IMG_4209-1.jpg

This flowering orchid smells very similar to a Gardenia flower and finishes with a hint of citrus blossoms.

dvg

Thanks for the comments.

Until my orchids actually flower, they can seem quite plain.

But they more than make up for that when they do decide to reward me with a blossom or few. :O)

dvg

That's a nice looking flower! Passionfruit flowers look incredible also, but I don't think they are as big as orchids.

I can't get enough of the aroma of sweet basil. :D

Thanks for the kind words,

TheAlaskan324, I got a division of this plant from a fellow grower that I traded with on a Carnivorous Plants forum.

I believe he said that he had this plant in collection for something like 20 years or thereabouts.

Cattleya orchids are quite common, so you might want to check with a local Orchid Society or Club in your area.

Megamoo, Passionflowers are incredibly beautiful as well. I really like Passaflora alata.

This orchid though, permeates the air with fragrance when the sun shines on it.

Today I was in the kitchen and could smell the flower in the livingroom. It gave off an aroma very similar in scent to a purple Datura.

dvg

Back