• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Seth!
That looks like some good shite goin on, that pork looks all good and smoky, porky and juicy.

You liking SLs saucy sauce? Uh huh, I thought so...

BTW, when I clicked on here, I was expecting CHOCOLATE.
Maybe change the name of the thread to what you already typed....

GENERAL TACOS!

Damn. I want 20 of those right now. I too am of the tendancy to eat tacos whenever i can, wherever i am. What peppers did you use?

Now it's General tacos?

Get Yer Taco On would be a more TB approved title. Come on Seth! lol

Scoville DeVille said:
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Seth!
That looks like some good shite goin on, that pork looks all good and smoky, porky and juicy.

You liking SLs saucy sauce? Uh huh, I thought so...

BTW, when I clicked on here, I was expecting CHOCOLATE.
Maybe change the name of the thread to what you already typed....

GENERAL TACOS!
Changed. I love her BBQ! Good heat, good flavor.

The Hot Pepper said:
Taco flavored kisses

So this is a thread to post your badass tacos.
:rofl:

Badass huh? Okay sweetie.

Tacos lookin' good though!
Next time I'll throw some nunchucks in. Then we'll see who's rolling on the floor laughing. Punk.

502F said:
Damn. I want 20 of those right now. I too am of the tendancy to eat tacos whenever i can, wherever i am. What peppers did you use?
I used a red bhut, two jalapenos, an aji limon, and a red bell all chopped into relish size pieces. I like to chop my peppers up in a little chopper and put them on everything.

The Hot Pepper said:
Now it's General tacos?

Get Yer Taco On would be a more TB approved title. Come on Seth! lol
Damn you! I would be pleased to be pleasin but you can't please em all. Now go make a taco. :shocked:

Back to the tacos they look awesome. Nice bark on the poke. I'd devour those in seconds. Got 30?

Hopping Tacos for tea tonight. Thought i'd try the mincer tonight, had some kangaroo steaks, in the mincer, fried some onions with jalapenos and thai chillis, added some Chermoula Spice (North African Blend- Cumin, paprika, onion, turmeric, cayenne, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and coriander leaf) Unreal Seasoning, fried it all up.

Quite a few hard taco shells, some guacamole straight from the fresh avocadoes, bit of cheese, habanero sauce, and one fully belly now. They were bloody awesome.

In the mincer

SDC11164.jpg

Minced kangaroo

SDC11168.jpg

Ingredients

SDC11172.jpg

Cooked

SDC11182.jpg

Dinner is served, went and had two more after them

SDC11184.jpg

I didn't know you liked American tacos in Oz!

Well not the roo... but the ground spiced meat in a hard shell with lettuce/tomato and unmelted cheese. That's not anything to do with Mexican.

I like that style once in awhile though.

i would love to try roo! i have to admit the rare meat kinda doesnt look what im use2,ha.

finished product looks great!

I didn't know you liked American tacos in Oz!

Well not the roo... but the ground spiced meat in a hard shell with lettuce/tomato and unmelted cheese. That's not anything to do with Mexican.

I like that style once in awhile though.

90% of tacos, whether it be, supermarket kits, restaurants etc are Hard Shell Tacos, going to a authentic mexican place for my bday in 2 weeks, should be interesting too see what they serve up, they make there own tequila and mezcal as well

Also Sicman, roo is great, has a unique taste too it, and smell but i love it, whether it be minced, steaks or burgers

Back