The Ghanaian Moko Akokosrade

Come one guys, let see this one grown more often!!! Another Ajijoe pepper and I`m very grateful for what you`ve sent me Joe!

I honestly think this pepper needs to be grown more, as it is absolutely wonderful. It is also quite different from any other C,.chinense I`ve had before. The aroma is plainly C.chinense, but there is a lot more going on. It is acidic, fruity and very aromatic. 

Bite into one and it is incredibly juicy and extremely fruity, with an undercurrent of chinense-type flavour. Delicious! The way these feel when you eat them is more like a large C.frutescens than a C.chinense, but they do taste like C.chinense. It does make me wonder whether they are a chinense-frutescens interspecies hybrid, but there is no evidence to suggest that. 

The heat is great, probably just over orange habanero in levels, but it`s a really nice heat. What I mean by that is it is hot upfront, and fades to a really nice warmth that fits in beautifully with the flavors of the pods. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfx5lEbX60&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Damnitall.
Sooo many peppers, so little acreage.

Already doubled my sprouting area for next year, and will need to finangle a place to plant the extra 50 or so.

Hmmmm.
Wonder if the wife will allow a "sun room" addition?

Not frigging likely. :drooling:

this is one of my new top favorites, i found it slightly similar to my top fav Wild Brazil, i really like the flavor
i got the seeds originally from Persianinja on here

im definatly growing this one this season again

great review!!
and agai your welcome i enjoy your reviews
thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
this is one of my new top favorites, i found it slightly similar to my top fav Wild Brazil, i really like the flavor
i got the seeds originally from Persianinja on here

im definatly growing this one this season again

great review!!
and agai your welcome i enjoy your reviews
thanks your friend Joe
Ok Joe before you send Nigel a big box of peppers can you warn me. I keep seeing more that I should have added to my list from you. Both you guys are great!

SL3 said:
Ok Joe before you send Nigel a big box of peppers can you warn me. I keep seeing more that I should have added to my list from you. Both you guys are great!
no further warning is needed, thats it from my end for the year, the garden is out, there wont be any new ones sent to nigel this season that i know of, so now you can take your rest and decide LOL ;)

thanks your friend Joe

Back