• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

SentencedToBurn said:
That looks very much like a Dorset naga to me man. Although there are heaps of other varieties that look very similar.
Theyre hot AF but not as bitter as the reaper I think so youre probably right

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi there, not sure if you guys are still active here or not. Do any of you guys know where I could get some carolina reaper seeds? Also 7 pot seeds of any kind and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion seeds?

I bought some carolina reaper seeds from trademe but am questioning if they're legit or not after reading this thread and also culleys sell them but the germination rates on those are meant to be awful.

Also, is it too late in the season to be starting from seed? I managed to germinate some jalapenos, habaneros and ghost peppers but I put the seedlings into the sun a bit too soon and they died :(

thanks!

fairyfoam48 said:
Hi there, not sure if you guys are still active here or not. Do any of you guys know where I could get some carolina reaper seeds? Also 7 pot seeds of any kind and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion seeds?

I bought some carolina reaper seeds from trademe but am questioning if they're legit or not after reading this thread and also culleys sell them but the germination rates on those are meant to be awful.

Also, is it too late in the season to be starting from seed? I managed to germinate some jalapenos, habaneros and ghost peppers but I put the seedlings into the sun a bit too soon and they died :(

thanks!

Hi Foam, yes still a few people active.

Where abouts are you?

I have 7 Pot Bubblegum and Brainstrain seeds.

I wouldnt think its too late, if you can get some going now under lights there is still plenty on time in the season.

Ah right, yeah Im at the other end of the country so not too sure about the length of season down there, can always try though. Should get some small plants at least which will give you seeds for next year. If you want some 7pot seeds, PM me your address and Ill send some out.

What kind of potting mix do you guys like to use? This season I'm using daltons big value from bunnings because it's cheap. It has a time released fertilizer and the woman working at bunnings was not sure of the NPK of the fertiliser but after emaling daltons they said

"Big Value Potting Mix has a 3 – 4 month controlled release fertiliser with a NPK value of 17- 4 - 9 + Trace elements"

so I'm going to put plants in it for 1-2 months and then start fertilising with diluted MaxiBloom NPK 5-15-14 once the plants start flowering :)

Back