• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce The Hottest Sauce in the Universe

Wow, this thread went from cool to fagtastic in no time. You guys are a bunch of girls! Kiss and make up already, it's peppers not religon. NOT THAT SERIOUS! LMAO

NJA...would you say certain "views" could be categorized as that persons personal "opinion"? As in, what you are saying is just your personal "opinion"?

I just wanted to add that if you're making distinctions between the natural and the un-natural, unless you're talking about ghosts and related new agey crap, you're not thinking through your position.

Ever since we discovered fire, we've been doing funny things with our food. To concoct is human. To be human is natural. Pollan writes a lot of about this sort of stuff: Even when you think you're outside of nature because you're commanding an army of pepper plants in your backyard/farm, you should stop and think who's using who. Are you planting you growing your peppers or are you a vector to the survival of the capsicum genus?

It is natural to take NyQuil when you want to sleep. Back before we invented that, we had chamomile tea. Before that? Ferment something and enjoy the alcohol. Don't wanna sleep? Red bull? We've been drinking coffee for ages. Hell, if you want to go to the more obvious way, back in the 1800's an apple was considered the sweetest of things, able to induce a sugar high upon the person who ate it; now we're a bit desensitized, but it is still natural to seek that sugar/pepper/coffee/whatever high.

Ever since the dawn of man, we've been reshaping the stuff we find around us for our own benefit. It is natural.
Extracts? just another way to amp up whatever sort of stimulation we're seeking.

If you can't see both sides of a discussion with open eyes then I agree with the myopic diognosis.
Personally I avoid most extracts but as already stated there are some good extracts including defcon's, and lumping them all together is just wrong. Since you like challenges, I challenge you NJA to try some defcon sauces. You won't be dissapointed

Wow, I missed this whole thread until today...Glad to hear everything is alright HP. I don't want to stir the pot up again as I have my own opinions on "protecting the masses" but happy to see everyone on the playground has made up. Now...back to our regularly shceduled program :cool:

Yeah? You wanna fight? Come fight me, COME FIGHT ME NOW! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_qgktjx7XU

Back