• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

The - Is this a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion cross thread

This was grown from seed of a yellow pepper, BUT it was grown literally right next to a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion and I was hoping they would cross.

So—are either of these monsters 1/2 TSMB? 

If the pods ripen red, then we'll know for sure, but I thought it would be fun to start this thread as soon as one of the pods started to turn colors.

I'll post more pics as more color develops.

I'm not 100% sure what kind of pepper the seed came from.  I was reasonably sure it was an accidental cross between an Aji Cereza and a Bode Amarela, but it is possible that I mislabeled some seeds and it was a Yellow Scorp or a Yellow 7, or something like that.  Here are some of the pods from the parent:

dragon49 said:
Are these bigger or smaller than normal yellow 7-pots?
I`m not sure there is a real normal, but most are not 20g. 14-15g is common, but they do vary a lot. I had one last year that was 21g and a friend in the UK had one that was 31g. Very few supers get that size. I did have a Yellow Scorpion from Brian at www.ghostpepperstore.com that was also around the 20g mark and looked a lot like yours, as well.

This pod was one of the bigger ones:

After I read your post, I went to my photo library, looked at all the scale pics and did the math to average the size:

All measurements are in ounces - Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that you meant to state:

"...but most are not .20g. .14-.15g is common..."

So—I weighed 10 Pods from the mother plant:

= 1.798 oz /10 = AVG Pod size = .1798 oz.

Here is a collection of the scale pics:

The peppers on the plant look just like the yellow scorps I grew last year. Some of the peppers pictured on the scale look like yellow 7 pod's that I grew last year, but a couple look like yellow scorps.  I don't think you have a cross, I think you were right when you said it was possible that you mislabeled something. Im going with either yellow 7 or yellow scorp.  Either way they look really nice, let us know how they turn out. 

Back