• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

StwJvmQ.jpg

eHm7A38.jpg

Believe it or not the taco pizza in the background is the real winner. Despite the appearance of the crust, the interior is quite thin

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
:hmm:
:shocked:

no thanks 

:seeya:

Cacique.

Mexican style.

Sour cream.

Cilantro it.

Lime juice it.

Squeeze bottle it.

Splooge it.

I done it many time.

So good.

You'll cook.

Butt naked in the kitchen.

At 2am.

Sometimes.

I've been accused of being.

Lewd and suggestive.

Negative.

I am not.

I only suggest it.

The Hot Pepper said:
SNF, that's so nice of you to honor the Bum with the Maine pizza shape! :rofl:

My pies always look like some rorschach test when rolled, despite my efforts to the contrary.  ;)

SmokenFire said:
Alfredo, bacon, jalas, artichoke, mushroom, onion, garlic, chicken, parmesan, fresh mozzarella

2mqoz2h.jpg

Thin cracker crust crispy at the edges and just a bit fold-y in the middle.

x2qyd2.jpg

Ralphster, my brother, is there any way I could bum your dough recipe off you? There is a place in Nebraska called La Casa that has the best pizza I've ever eaten and I can't replicate the crust for the life of me. Thin cracker-type crust with a chewiness thats hard to match. 

Cracker crust is my favorite.

I've made and eaten it.

A thousand times.

But I don't reckon.

That its much chewy.

More crunch and less chew.

Chewy would be more thin crust no?

Back