• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Midnight Sun

http://notalwaysright.com/seeing-the-sun-in-a-whole-new-light-2/

Oh yeah. I'm trying to endure the Polar night right now. Not fun, not fun at all. But it's only -25 °C right now.

Hey Mr. Arboc, you disappeared for awhile, missed some of your quick wit.

When, I use to live in one of our other canadian provinces, ontario, we use to get some of our american friends coming over the boarder in july and august with skis on their cars wondering how far they had to drive to get to snow. we would just shake our heads and tell them they should just go home because they would run out of highway before they ever hit snow. now that i live in western canada at the base of the rocky mountains we have tourists visit from all over the world to see our glaciers that are ice capped all year round and many of the mountains are snow capped during summer months - nothing to laugh at anymore.

.....as for the darkness, eat lots of vitamin D, they say eel is a popular dish in sweden..........uugh! (i give my kids a multivitamin, fresh salmon and mushrooms as its dark when the school bus picks them up and brings them back home, then they are in school all day)

WAZZZUP Mr. Arboc???

So trippy to think of a sun that rarely sets.....and then 18-20 hours of darkness....

That would take some getting used to!

Back