The Mint Julep

Chris McMillan is a master of mixology, and it's mint julep season now, so I thought I'd share this with you good folks. If you can't stand the history lesson that precludes this video, let it load, and fast forward to 4:20 (hahahah! 4:20!) and listen to the prose at least. I think you folks will enjoy this though, if for nothing else but hearing Chris' voice talkin about Hooch and how to drink it.

I'm now 2 mint juleps into the night, and wishing I had a bucket of fried chicken to wash it down.

From a southern boy who loves his bourbon, Cheers! Watch a master create the most excellent tonic one could imagine, and make one for yourself. If you follow the method displayed, you will be rewarded with what can only be called heaven in a glass.

Motherphucker.......

In the future place your message above the vid!!....;)

3 minutes and 15 seconds into this, I was thinking "I can haz my 3 minutes back plez?"

At 4:20 or so I did begin to chuckle.

Ideed, twas the season. Thanks for sharing!lol.

chuk hell said:
That's a good drink. We planted lots of mint this year just to make sure we don't run out.

:shocked:

A little bit goes a long way....Methinks you were joking, but there were no indicators.

You can't kill mint.

That is the longest winded bartender I've ever seen. Just fix the drink and shut the eff up!

Sorry, too early in the morning for such prose.

patrick said:
That is the longest winded bartender I've ever seen. Just fix the drink and shut the eff up!

Sorry, too early in the morning for such prose.

You probably missed the instructions to skip the first 4 minutes like I did.

;)

cheezydemon said:
:shocked:

A little bit goes a long way....Methinks you were joking, but there were no indicators.

You can't kill mint.

Yeah, It's nearly invasive for most folks but we have had trouble growing it here in the hellish Texas climate.

This year I have it growing in some Cadillac dirt in a whisky barrel and keeping it nice and wet. It's going to town.

We did Juleps for the derby,I prefer my Bourbon with ice...Its Mojito time here in Florida,a much better use for mint.Very refreshing!I had a problem growing the mint also till I started using a deep saucer under it to provide xtra moisture.

That guy really needs to learn how to STFU. I totally disagree with him about not muddling the mint though, especially if you love fresh mint like I do. Muddling releases so much more flavor and aroma than just tossing them in.

He never says not to muddle the mint, he says don't pulverize it. If you grind it to a paste, you'll get minty flavor as well as a bitterness that can make the drink sharp. He does muddle, just doesn't pound the hell out of it. I used to grind my mint to a paste with the sugar, and have since started using this method. The drink will still be plenty minty, but won't have the astringency that completely wreaking the mint will add.

Back