• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds The Most you ever paid for Pepper Seeds...

Maybe there was a rare variety that you just had to have...or maybe you just flat-out over paid.

The most I ever paid is $14 for 10 seeds, or $1.40 per seed (shipping included). Naga Morich imported from overseas and I have no regrets on the price (so far). I Probably would not pay that again for Naga's though.

:shocked:

And you?

PeteyPepper said:
Maybe there was a rare variety that you just had to have...or maybe you just flat-out over paid.

The most I ever paid is $14 for 10 seeds, or $1.40 per seed (shipping included). Naga Morich imported from overseas and I have no regrets on the price (so far). I Probably would not pay that again for Naga's though.

:shocked:

And you?

So far the most I have spent is $10... and that was for 10 Naga Morich seeds as well. Expensive little bastards

$12 for C. Lanceolatum seeds from New Mexico State University several years ago. They were so rare I had to have them. I got either 10 or 12 seeds. They were thought to be extinct for many years.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
$12 for C. Lanceolatum seeds from New Mexico State University several years ago. They were so rare I had to have them. I got either 10 or 12 seeds. They were thought to be extinct for many years.

Chris

How did they germinate for you Chris? and did the plants do well?

Dale

I payed $2.25 for Jalapeno Gigantia seeds from Nichols Garden Nursery, but then had to pay $3.00 shipping, and $3.95 handling. In total $9.24 USD for 1 pack of seeds:(

Havent bought them, but there are some 7 pod seeds on e-bizzle right now for $9.99. For 5 seeds. That is $1.998 per seed. No thank you.

$5-something for white habs on ebay... which germinated at about 20%. :rolleyes: Everything else (besides the Greeks) I got from saving seeds, trading for them, or getting a dollar-pack at Walmart.

So it's not just me?! The ones I saved and tested a few months ago did much better. Seedlings are still finicky though.

Correction, the above post was referring to trinidad scorpion seeds, not 7 pod. Still stupidly expensive.

Im having trouble with my white jellybean habs, have been doing germination tests on all seeds recieved at christmas, those guys havent made a peep yet.

I saved a bunch of white hab seeds from a pepper pod about 3 years ago.
I planted some on Feb. 10, not really expecting them to germinate.
Well on valentines day I had 2 of them already sprouting. I now have 5.
I do have several seeds left if anyone would like some.

A few thousand bucks for collecting seven varieties in the US... ...oh well, it was our vacation visiting the family too, so maybe that doesn't count...:think:
But I have to complain! The poblanos and serranos didn't even sprout!

imaguitargod said:
I find that the white habs are hard to germinate.

My white habs have sprouted but my fatalii planted the same day didn't.

I think the most I've spent is $4.25 for 20 seeds, not including shipping because I never order just 1 pack of seeds from anywhere.
The least was 20 cents.

Back