chinense The Mustard Bhut Jolokia

Thanks to Ajijoe!!! Again!!!

I wasn`t sure what to expect from this one, as I haven`t had very many mustard varieties. The aroma was all Bhut, all the time, but with slightly fewer aromatics that can sometimes be off-putting in Bhuts.

The flavor was also straight ahead Bhut jolokia, but with absolutely no sweetness or fruitiness whatsoever. There was a very nice undercurrent of grassy green flavours. This was undoubtedly the cleanest tasting Bhut I`ve ever had and as such would be a great Bhut for cooking, as it would`t add any cloying side notes that Bhuts sometimes can. 

The heat was a huge surprise. It was very, very hot indeed, easily in the same ballpark as any Red Bhut I`ve ever eaten. Given how much oil was inside, I should`t have been quite so surprised. The heat came on quite slowly, but it just kept on going up and up and up. Bhuts don`t often give me an endorphin rush, but this one did. Nice!!!

Although I wasn`t sure at first, the heat and endorphins persuaded me that this was a really great variation of the normal Bhut jolokia. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-aKmwx8USs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

this one is of great interest to me because this is a new one, you are the very first to review this one and this is it debute!!
and i dont think that its available anywhere else yet but from me and my friend, we are growing it out and its kinda in development, it has already shown itself stable after just one season,i know only time will tell
i had no idea what it tasted like cause i did not get around to it
this color variety takes a long time to ripen and it has not shown itself to be very prolific as of yet, but having said this its really cool and worth growing out

in some ways it seems you had more of a problem with Chocolate lightning than this one

Chris Phillips i know you wanted a few of these but i didnt have any when you asked about them and i sent Nigel the last two i had when i cut the plant out,i thought that this would be a great way to raise awareness of it exsistance

Nigel thanks again great reviewn and im happy you liked it

your friend Joe

Back