• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic the order of nutrients added to hydroponics

Just a quick one. Im gonna change my resevoir today and need confirmation on the order of nutrients. If adding calmag is this the first nutrient you add or the last nutrient after your bloom and micro. Ive seen it a few times written here but when I need it I can't find it.

as long as they are not mixed in their concentrated forms with very few exceptions it will not mater. just allow each part to homogenize first.

After looking at the plant I skipped on the calmag as the plant does look fine and isn't showing signs of deficiency.

rebelgrower3 said:
Calmag first micro next then the bloom.

Jotted this down and saved in my spreadsheet.

I just did the nute change.

Originally I was on 285ppm in 13L of water a ph around 6. I'm now using the exact same quantity of water, exact same source of water, same nute quantities but am on 241ppms. The plant is also wilting quite badly, not sure if its stressed. This is the first change I've done since setting this up, two weeks ago. Part of me thinks I should have left it in there for a week or two longer.

I'll add a photo I took just after the nute change, the plant doesn't look like that right now, its really wilted badly.

Left was first day in hydro, right is today just after nutes.

My self and teejay suspect the cause of wilting is shock and the plant is still stressed plus the water temps are cold. Its not getting a little sun tan on the bucket only.

Back