• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The Pepper Shark

JSKaiser

Banned
Im sure many of you have already seen some of the pictures I put up of the Pepper Shark, but I am starting a thread specifically for it. I will be showcasing it this weekend at the Houston Hot Sauce Festival, and will be getting pictures and videos of it in action, and getting peoples response and reviews about it. I have used it myself many times already, and Ill tell you what, it is amazing. I wear gloves when deseeding my peppers, and many peppers and seeds later, my fingers will burn through the gloves. That no longer happens with the Pepper Shark. You can avoid all of the Capsaicin oil found on the walls and placenta of the hot peppers by using this tool, and then just throw it in the dishwasher, and youre good to go. Fast, easy, and pain free. You dont have to worry about burning, or the accidental "I shouldn't have rubbed my eye" scenarios.

In association with peppershark.com you can now purchase this product through my website at KSPCo

Here are some pictures of the original Pepper Shark, and some pictures of the new handle design. Still working on the lighting with the new pictures, so bear with me.

PepperShark3.jpg

PepperShark1.jpg

New design.
PepperShark120.jpg

PepperShark128.jpg

PepperShark098.jpg

Cleaned out a Yellow 7.
PepperShark079.jpg

This is a super useful tool, and wonderful to have around. Get em while they last!!

Dont underestimate the tomato scooper. I have used them before as well, and they are effective for the most part. Got to be careful with the teeth on em. They will sometimes gouge off part of the pepper, but that only matters if you are into the aesthetic side of peppers. I had issues with getting seeds off of the tamato scooper I used once they were out of the peppers. And it has to be a relatively wide pepper for the mouth of the scooper.

With the shark, you have a comfortable grip like any other utensil, and the service end is designed and machine crafted specifically for peppers. You pop off the stem, poke the shark through, you peel the top of the pepper like a pumpkin with it, and then just run the edge along the placenta, and it removes the whole placenta in one sweep normally seeds and all. Run it down all the ribs, and you have a clean pepper, and all your seeds together. Any stragglers can be easily removed with the little eyelet at the front of the tool. Once the ribs and seeds are out, it also works really well to remove the seeds from the placenta without having to touch them or anything. Just push the edge of the eye between the seed and the placenta, and it will make a clean cut. The tool is very versatile, and the seeds dont stick to it. Its also great, because its not sharp, so anybody can use it without worry of nicking a finger.

It works great with small peppers like the thai varieties. You just slit the top open with the tool, and then in a drilling motion, insert the eyelet, twist a little to grab some seeds, pull em out and repeat until its cleaned out. You can leave even the smallest of peppers in tact and remove the seeds from them.

The Pepper Shark isnt only for hot peppers. It works just as great on sweet peppers too. Its amazing with larger varieties which I started to experiment with the shark on before I tried getting into the tricky peppers like the scorpions, 7 pods, and thin portugal peppers.

I still think this could pull double-duty stirring my cocktails.....

I WANT ONE!!!

OH YEA! Can't you see AJ, cleaning out a 7 Pod, drop it in the Bloody Mary, stir it up... off to the pepper patch!

I think I might need one of those. One question; If you take out the placenta and ribs aren't you losing a lot of heat? Is there a way to use this on a C. Chinese and leave as much tissue as possible. This is definitely great for a number of painful tasks, but my greatest wish would be to clean superhots (for powder and seed saving), and leave most of the hot inside bits.

It works very well just grabbing the seeds as well. It gets right at the point where seed and placenta connect and then you just give it a twist or a little jolt, and it will take out the seed and leave teh placenta intact. Ill be doing videos of the different uses for everybody to see how it works, and what all it is capable of.

Is it patented? I may send the design to china and get them to make 1 million of them for 2 cents a pop! J/K

Looks like a cool little tool that would appeal to lots of chilliheads, well done.

The patent is pending at the moment. It really is a great tool. I have been putting some miles on mine with all sorts of peppers so I can tell people from experience what its like to use it, and help them be able to use it. Havent found a pepper to best it yet.

Back