The Primo HPLC Testing Thread...By The Ghost Pepper Store

In conjunction with Troy Primeaux and Baker's Peppers we will also be testing the 7 Pot Primo. We were going to dry our peppers prior to sending them, but Baker's Peppers has already sent their SFRB of fresh Primos. To make it an even playing field, Dale Baker and I have agreed that the right way was to send them fresh. This will keep the test parameters and variables equal leaving the only difference being our growing methods, environment, and to some degree, genetics.

Like Baker's Peppers, my pods were randomly selected, I have no idea which of the 20 plants the pods came from, and I did not select any particular pods from the batch. As you will see below, some pods do not have "true" stingers, but so far the majority have had them. I did just sample of one the randomly selected pods and they are definitely hot!

Along with Dale, I will be releasing EXACT results. I would love to see any of my plants hold a world record, and others varieties will get tested later in the year.

Here is my SFRB

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

So to steal another idea from Dale (unless he objects). Its contest time!

Guess the SHU!

Winner will be the guess closest to the average SHU indicated by the results of the testing.

Everyone can join in! Worldwide shipping is available for some of our products so we will take entries from anywhere

Prizes are as follows:
  • $50 gift certificate for our store
  • (1) Pack of 7 Pot Primo seeds (12+)
  • Additionally, if Baker's Peppers average Primo test is higher than our average, I will purchase 1 SFRB of Primos from Baker's Peppers to send to you!

Post below with your EXACT guess. NO EDITS! Edits will be thrown out.

*** If Dale finds my contest to just be too much of a copycat, I reserve the right to end it out of respect for him.

Lets keep the discussion to a minimum

GO!!

Great stuff, Brian. I love primos and have a review of one of yours almost ready........ After that I`ll add a number to this list!!!

Are we going for the highest SHU tested or the average? I firmly believe that the pepper with the  highest score is obviously the hottest.

Back