The purple thing again .. Curious

I know we have talked about this, that is purple veins and stems and as I understand it it is caused by light but how or why? Can anyone explain that. I'm just extrely curious.

Look at this Jalapeño plant's stem dark purple. All my plants have purple viens and stems.Its funny some have stems that are purple then change to green them back to purple then back to green as if there is a shortage of something along the way

IMG_1115.jpg

Heres one that started green then purple then green again but is starting to fade to green if you look closely you can see it. I have others that are turning green which leads me to believe its a nute thing a deficency of some kind. If I remember from the days of growing .. humm other things this could be a (P) or ( K) deficency ? Thought I read that somewhere but it's fuzzy

IMG_8322.jpg

Not panicking just very curious and want to learn

Do you have photos of a top-down view of the canopy of both plants?

Is the stem of the second plant shaded more than that of the first plant?

yeah, from what I have read and seen on my plants it's usually the leaves that turn purple along with the veins and stuff.. if it's just a purple stem, then you actually might have a deficiency or something..

Do you have photos of a top-down view of the canopy of both plants?

Is the stem of the second plant shaded more than that of the first plant?

Yeap this is a top down of the purple stem Jalapeños

-
IMG_7407.jpg

Here is a top down of the other it's the bottom of the pic

IMG_9287.jpg

Yeap this is a top down of the purple stem Jalapeños

-
IMG_7407.jpg
The Jalapeño plants look okay considering the distance between the lights and the plants I saw in your other threads. Do you plan on potting up or separating the 3 in the one pot?

Here is a top down of the other it's the bottom of the pic

IMG_9287.jpg

Do you have a better shot of the plants shown in the second photo. I suspect there's signs of scotching from the lights but I can't be sure without seeing a good photo.

The Jalapeño plants look okay considering the distance between the lights and the plants I saw in your other threads. Do you plan on potting up or separating the 3 in the one pot?

Do you have a better shot of the plants shown in the second photo. I suspect there's signs of scotching from the lights but I can't be sure without seeing a good photo.

Yea will get you one this eve, but I don't see any signs of scorching

search for anthocyanin's

Harry here's the top down pic of the Butch T you asked for

IMG_5124.jpg

The plant looks okay in that shot. I don't see any cause for concern that may be linked to the purpling.

I had to refer to your other thread that has more background information. I suggest that it maybe best to continue with that thread rather than fragmenting the information into many threads.

search for anthocyanin's

Thanks

You may have to do some research yourself.....the information is on the web.

Yea I have because like I said I remember from earlier days reading about a deficency that cause this but can't seem to find it now ..humm could be micro nutes I'll keep looking. The superhots I have had it but are turning green so something changed

Alabama Jack you are the man! Searched the word you gave and I found this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthocyanin

It even has pic of a Jalapeño plant like mine. It talks about protecting itself from light and this makes sense as the super hots got more leaves to hide their stems they turned green or do it seems. Thanks again I just like to know the why behind the what ; )

Back