The Red Aji Teapot from AjiJoe

Another good Aji from Ajijoe. 

These have quite a lot of lemon/lime acidity to them, which pushes the baccatum and sweet fruity flavours into the background a bit. Ir`s also a little different in flavor to most baccatums I`ve eaten (admittedly, not all that many). My opinion is that this would be a great cooking baccatum, as it has the right flavors, but the extra hit of acidity would be excellent in cooking, where you want to balance out the food`s flavours. It would be killer in ceviche, too!

The heat of this one was a surprise. It is quite hot for a baccatum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M71bQ5zne4&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

yes great review!!

i tasted this one once about 4 years ago and did not remember what it tasted like, i will have to before there all gone
this plant is very very prolific

i actully think i read somewhere that it is a CHINENSE species and i seem to remember it was for the orange one not sure exactly
not all Listed "AJI" are Baccatum learned this early some are Chinese as well

all in all great review keep um coming and i cant wait to see what you will do next

thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
yes great review!!

i tasted this one once about 4 years ago and did not remember what it tasted like, i will have to before there all gone
this plant is very very prolific

i actully think i read somewhere that it is a CHINENSE species and i seem to remember it was for the orange one not sure exactly
not all Listed "AJI" are Baccatum learned this early some are Chinese as well

all in all great review keep um coming and i cant wait to see what you will do next

thanks your friend Joe
Interesting Joe, as it didn`t taste like a chinense at all. I thought it had a slight baccatum flavour, so I wonder if it`s baccatum/chinense hybrid?

Nigel said:
Interesting Joe, as it didn`t taste like a chinense at all. I thought it had a slight baccatum flavour, so I wonder if it`s baccatum/chinense hybrid?
not sure if it a hybrid but more a mutation, as i seem to remember it said Chinense under the picture of the ORANGE AJI TEAPOT and the red is identical to the orange in every way except color

thanks yor friend Joe

Back