• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors The running, biking, hiking, camping forum

Yeah, that's pretty crappy all around. Good question about Voodoo. I assume he's pounding out the miles and we'll hear soon about his adventures.

Hey Voodoo. How's it going? Is the good biking weather coming around for you yet?
New Bike, still riding, Tuesdays run on the garmin. Hope everyone is safe and sound. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20220415_115042.jpg
    20220415_115042.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220628_201258.jpg
    20220628_201258.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Still riding, not as much as I need to. Am plaining on doing a gravel race in October and possibly Sebring in February? Need to start training though. Covid stopped my "racing" career and had to triple my work load, so its been hectic. Did do a century 2 weeks ago so I havent totally lost it,lol. Rubber side down boys!

It's awesome to see you two still riding. I didn't have any issues with the covid, everyone around me caught it, Even though God likes to slam my face into the ground at random intervals, at least he let me slide on the pandemics I guess. I like what the boss did with the updated website, very cool!

Cheers!

Certainly read about Amanda Coker, she is one awesome person. Must have been exciting to be on her crew! That's one awesome looking road bike Sic, hope she treats you well. I did an apprenticeship at a bike shop for a year as a mechanic, worked on a few killer bikes. You can live for a 100 years and still not know everything about bikes. Love working on them.

Thanks for the welcome back boss, I am glad to see the new changes!

Cheers!

Bought a new mountain bike today. Haven't rode any "technical" stuff in four years, tomorrow should be fun or dangerous, lol. Definitely the nicest mountain bike I've ever owned. Hard tail, carbon frame, front shock lock out lever on handle bar that works on the fly. Hitting up Croom tomorrow which is a old ghost town. Filled with man made limestone and clay pits. Pretty interesting history and awesome riding.
IMG_20220713_185757.jpg

Bought a new mountain bike today. Haven't rode any "technical" stuff in four years, tomorrow should be fun or dangerous, lol. Definitely the nicest mountain bike I've ever owned. Hard tail, carbon frame, front shock lock out lever on handle bar that works on the fly. Hitting up Croom tomorrow which is a old ghost town. Filled with man made limestone and clay pits. Pretty interesting history and awesome riding.
IMG_20220713_185757.jpg
Beautiful Bike Sic, be careful, and ride hard. Cheers!

Any handling skills I did have, I lost. Yesterday was great though. Had a blast struggling through 15 miles :rofl: It was beginner technical but Im starting over. Dig the new chain ring on the TT. Paradise Valley looks cool, have fun.

I am like that switching between the mountain bike and the TT. It's like I completely forget how to ride a bike. What did you name your new bike Sic? My mountain bike is Bertha Jane, and the TT is the death star :) Cheers!

What's did you name your bikes Cane? Gravel bikes are designed to kill riders for sure lol. What tires do you use in the soggy northwest? I hit anything wet with the TT tires, I am going down like a rodeo clown. Continental Triathlon tires go to 200 psi lol

Last edited:
No names - just "hey you!" when it's time to ride.

I have a cannondale six for road, caadx for cross, and a santa cruz bronson for mtb. A good hardtail is all I really notice I'm missing, as something a bit snappier than the bronson would be nice for the less chunky/downhill trails. @sicman 's new hardtail looks awesome for that type of riding.

I'm currently running Continental Gatorskin 23's on the road at 110 psi back and a little softer in front. They bite well and I don't have much concern, but I don't ride road too often in the rain. Fog-up is what bothers me more than anything when I do. I logged a metric s-ton of kilometers on the trainer avoiding crappy weather this last winter.

Cannondale super six nice! My all time favorite tires are Continental. Same here 115 in back 100 in front. I hate those small rocks that kick out your back tire sideways, and makes you go damn, avoided that bullet.

Continental 5000s on road bike 25s, 100 psi front and back. Panracer gravel king SK+ on gravel bike 38s I believe, psi depends on terrain but usually 40 front and back. Maxxis Rekon race on mountain bike which came stock 2.25, 20 psi front and back. Running tubeless on mountain and gravel. Absolutely will not go tubeless on road bike, stupid. Nothing worse than being on the side of the road in 100 degrees trying to peel a tire off with sealant all over your hands and everything else. Been there done that. Headed back to Croom this morning. Rubber side down boys.

Last edited:
Back