• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video The smileyguy697 video collection

Here is the first in a series of 10, of thoughts and experiences about peppers I just got from smileyguy697.
Firstly, they are in amazing shape. Consistent sizes, beautifully shiny, and. Extremely fresh. Just gorgeous all the way around.

I posted a poll because I couldn't decide which one to have first. The poll results dictated that pepper would be a chocolate bubblegum 7. As I work my way through these peppers over the next few days, I'll be in a variety of places. I don't have a designated pepper eating place, I just have them with me, and grab one when I feel like it. This morning, it happened to be on the freeway.

Here's the first video: http://youtu.be/YFcCnGH5qhQ

Been trying to upload the Brain Strain video for a while now.

Tried it from my cell right after I did it. I kept losing connections and have had to start over repeatedly. I'll git-r-dun eventually ;)

sicman said:
How funny would it have been if you got pulled over.
I could probably get a simple speeding ticket turned into assault after I offered him a bit of a pod.

That was an excellent video and I liked the no gimmick approach. Renegade style, was fully expecting you to pull out a bottle of Jack to wash it down

Here's last night's Brain Strain adventure. These are some of the thickest walled. most internally dense peppers I've had.  Usually you bite into one and it's hollow. These brains aren't. It's more like biting into a grape.
I carried around a BOC x Reaper pepper with me today, but haven't had an opportunity to get into it yet.

Been too damned busy :-/

Here's the third in order on the list. The Bhut Orange Copenhagen x Reaper F1. I had one last night, but the video cut off about a minute in, so I had to do it all over. Now ordinarily a that would be no big deal. But the disparity between the flavor of the two I noticed was far from normal. Last night, the pepper I had was almost devoid of any flavor. There was a very slight subtle undertone of Reaper, but none of the smokey deepness of a bhut. Tonight? A big splash of flavor. Mostly Reaper, but enough if the bhut there that it was obvious that it was a bit of both. The only thing I can think of is that the pods came from two different plants. 

I would LOVE to try one of these a few generations from now after having one so early in the process just to see what sort of difference happens not only to stabilization, but what happens to the characteristics of the flavor and heat profile after they do get somewhat stabilized.

I really liked the flavor of the second one of these, but the heat profile definitely doesn't live up to either peppe (BOC or Reaper)r. I was expecting a blazer, but instead got a nice easy ride. It didn't build long at all, and it was over in way less time than a pepper of this type should be. It was just a nice all over even burn. It was so short that I contemplated just diving right into the Kraken F1 that was sitting right there. I decided against it just to give the a Kraken pepper a fair shake.

As for the overall quality of the pepper, I once again say my hat is off to smileyguy697. It was a gorgeous pepper in incredible shape.

Here's the vid: http://youtu.be/XalS7aVjtXU

That's interesting.. There is a good possibility the pods were from different plants because I have 3 I believe... Honestly I haven't tried one of these yet but think I will tomorrow! There is also a lot of pod variations in them too.. Some are huge and others small but not one came out orange.. At least on my plants..

Anyway nicely done!

Incredible! I would never consider eating a super-hot in public! Even less while driving! You're awesome, keep the videos coming, looking forward to the next ones!

Back