The Weekly Firecast Video Show

Here's my attempt at a 10-minute video podcast about fiery foods and BBQ - The Weekly Firecast:

http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/weeklyfirecast/

Please give it a watch and let me know what you think, both the positives and negatives. If you like it, please spread the word. Thanks!

Thanks! The sound quality was indeed the major thing that needed fixing in the last video. I'll work on improving it.

A new episode should be coming at the end of this week.

Scott-
After watching your latest Firecast, we found the BBQ Pitmaster show and I gotta agree with your thoughts. Don't know if there is a blog or something regarding the show where we could post our comments, if there is, maybe you could post a link.

Being eliminated because of catfish is RIDICULOUS! They should make it a reward challenge where the winner get $1000 or something but to be eliminated??? That's not right.

They probably have the rest of the episodes in the can already, but we'll probably check them out at least for this season.

Enjoying the coverages of the different events also. Keep it up~

Salsalady

Don't expect any reality game show to show you the real deal. These shows are just long commercials targeted to consumers. In this case, it's a Kingsford commercial, and whatever other sponsors they work in. It's entertainment with product integration, the new way of flashing single frames of popcorn in movies. BBQ is an afterthought and plays a minor role in the grand scheme. It's a formula that works for them, they just "add new theme here" and collect paychecks from sponsors. Everyone has to make money after all. Watch it for what it is and don't expect any more. You may enjoy it, you may hate it.

Don't expect any reality game show to show you the real deal. These shows are just long commercials targeted to consumers. In this case, it's a Kingsford commercial, and whatever other sponsors they work in. It's entertainment with product integration, the new way of flashing single frames of popcorn in movies. BBQ is an afterthought and plays a minor role in the grand scheme. It's a formula that works for them, they just "add new theme here" and collect paychecks from sponsors. Everyone has to make money after all. Watch it for what it is and don't expect any more. You may enjoy it, you may hate it.

I agree with you. But it still irritates me that the show went from a semi-original, semi-documentary style to a carbon copy of a dozen other boring shows on TV.

Back