• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Things to do in Seoul

I'm travelling through Seoul in July and will be there for about 2 days.

Has anyone been there?

Any ideas what to do?

Should I get a Korean phrase book? I dont even know thankyou..

What should I eat? National specialties? Kim Chee is definately gonna be consumed!

Thanks all,

RS

ring sting said:
I'm travelling through Seoul in July and will be there for about 2 days.

Has anyone been there?

Any ideas what to do?

Should I get a Korean phrase book? I dont even know thankyou..

What should I eat? National specialties? Kim Chee is definately gonna be consumed!

Thanks all,

RS

I don't think Korea has much of it but in other coutries I've been to the Hawkers are annoying so the first thing I do is learn: Go away, enough, NO and other words like that before I go...

I don't know who this KIM is but she sounds nice...:D

While there, be sure to find exotic chile seeds, hoard in places customs won't find, and distribute like mad amongst forum members.

Just be careful where you put them... the may burn upon re-entry.

Go where the locals eat and chow down. Cabbies know the spots.

I was in Pusan (North of Seoul) many years ago. I forget what it's called, but they have this soup that is CRAZY hot and spicy. You gotta get a bowl of that.

Eat some dog. Watch old ladies pee in alleyways. Go get a silk suit and some nice shoes made for you(they're dirt cheap).

I have a friend who moved here from Korea a few years ago. If you want I could ask him if he has any suggestions for things worth seeing.

Back