• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

This is just wrong

I think they modelled the ad from one of these. Plankers.
If i ever met the person responsible they would have two black eyes, that's just to start with!
Edit: Swearing in vid. Teh f werd.

Thats cuz they weren't! We all know that the average person would be coughing and spluttering if they cook bhuts up like that!

Thats cuz they weren't! We all know that the average person would be coughing and spluttering if they cook bhuts up like that!

I cleared out the kitchen at work for about 20 minutes when I washed the food processor bowl last year. The piercing pain just from breathing was insane.

I'm going to pen a letter later on and let them know what i think about them misleading the public. I will be sending it to-

PO Box 8005
81961 County Road 687 South Hatford
MI 49057-8000

I will also let loose with an email that will be sent to- tvsupport@gardenerschoice.com

I encourage everyone that reads this to do the same :D

PLANKERS!

Oh and for you yanks, you can call them on 1-866-518-2290 and tell them what you think of their scum bum antics.

yeah but.......recyclable growing container. I mean that is worth like 50 cents alone. Then they grow in 15 days. Wow. There is no mention of temperature so they will grow in the winter cold, and as someone already mentioned no cough when you cook with them. Sound great. :crazy:

I would be surprised if you got half a dozen peppers with the size container and repotting would be a major PITA with that lip around the top of the can.

What, a telemarketing scam on TV in America?! Why, I don't believe it! That can't possibly happen in the America I know, where such glorious products as Ronco's Hair-In-A-Can were sold! Or Ginsu knives that could saw through a tin can and go on to slice a tomato thin enough to use as a counterfeit dime! Why, we just gave up our Sawzalls at work and use Ginsu knives to cut threaded steel rod! That's how impressed we were.

Ever have a hard time cleaning embarrassing stained underwear? Well, those days are over with new SKIDZ-B-GONE! The revolutionary new spot remover that makes cleaning underwear a snap! Remember those days when nearly getting into an accident with a gasoline tanker at 75MPH left your undies in less-than-perfect shape? Well, don't throw them away! Make them good as new with SKIDZ-B-GONE! Now, how much would you expect to pay for this great, once-in-a-lifetime product? A hundred dollars? NO! Fifty dollars? NO! If you act now, we'll let you have this wonderful new time-saving device for only $19.95!!!

THAT'S ONLY $19.95!!!

BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MORE!!!

If you act now, we'll throw in ab-so-lute-ly FREE this combination toenail clipper, tomato corer, and cherry pitter! A $9.95 value ab-so-lute-ly FREE!!

Call now! Operators are standing by!

wow..a full jolokia in 10-15 days with pods and all... :)
morons..well not really..cause people will actually waste their money not knowing any better and buy this crap in a can

I did like their little pepper avatar though...so I stole it! lol

Seen that before.
Can't imagine a C. chinense producing a decent amount of pods if any at all in such a tiny container.
The chile plant in the picture is a C. annuum...

At least Thinkgeek says this:
Just add sunlight, water, and love, and you'll begin seeing sprouts within about 10-15 days (of course, actual pepper cultivation will take longer than that and require more care)

But I'm sure many people would give up after a few weeks.

At least Thinkgeek says this:

But I'm sure many people would give up after a few weeks.

Thinkgeek actually did not put that disclaimer on the page until I wrote them a very informative email about how difficult bhuts are to grow. I am a long time customer of theirs and I wish they would have pulled the product completely but at least they did something to make it right. I am fairly certain that this company is the same one that sells the "magic blueberry" plants. A coworker of mine got taken for over $300 due to their "creative" ordering process. He was trying to buy two plants and ended up with around 40. To top that off, they weren't really "plants" at all, basically just dead twigs shoved in some cheap potting mix.

Why are you guys getting so upset? It's like knife lovers getting upset over a Ginsu commercial. "I can't believe they said it will cut through a brick!" LOL.

Back