This is me!

Hello everybody!
I Am remi And I'm living in the Netherlands.
I'm totatally addicted to hot food. And last year I started to plant my own peppers. I grew aji umba, cayenne bolivian rainbow with succes. I also planted habanero red savina wich was a total failure due to bad weather and aphids. but this year I'm back and planning to grow

Habanero Red Savina
Chocolate brown Habanero
Golden Habanero
Purple Habanero
Peter Pepper
Jamaican Red
Jamaican scotch bonnet brown
Corno di toro Rosso
JalapeƱo
And besides that I have some sorts I keep saving seeds from.
Also I would very much like to grow true jamaican scotch bonnet. hopefully I will find seeds somewhere before it's too late.
Hopefully I'll have a good time around here, annd hopefully will learn a lot from you guys too!
Greeting Remi from a very cold Holland

Greetings Remi!!
This is a nice place to be...I think that you will surely enjoy being here. Check out www.reimerseeds.com. They may be able to help you with the scotch bonnet seeds. Also, I'm sure that there are probably some pepper people on this blog that may even be into seed swaping. Worth a try.

Cap'n

Hey Remi,
nice to see you find the other forum.
Hope you have a few sauces coming for Kato's contest.
Welcome aboard.
Marv

Thanks everybody, I already have a source for the TJSB seeds, along with some other vars(Thanks Guy Holman).
Greetings Remi

Welcome Remi.
It must be a joy to plant seeds in a country with such sensible hoticultural laws. Not to mention an avid indoor growing community. 8)

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Sam

ps- props to Wilard for the info on reimers. I had no idea. 100% of my reimer seeds popped. I guess I got lucky.

setzuanfire said:
Hi Remi! Try plastic row covers, esp. for those long-season habs. Good luck this year!
I did cover them in plastic and I think it helped a lot! It keeps the soil warmer, and in this extremely wet season dryer too! I am finally seeing the results as I've harvested Red Savina and White Bullet habanero's along with a lot of other sorts. Or should I better post a new topic for this? Greetings from a (extremely) rainy Holland
Remi

I ordered "Scotch Bonnet 5 in 1" from Reimers. It says there is five different shapes on one plant but not. Nice Scotch Bonnets though. Don't trust Reimers with anything, Willard3 is absolutely correct.

Back