• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

breeding this normal or hybrid?

My tepin had recently started setting pods. I was just in there and they don't look perfectly round like the pods i got the seed from. Idk they kinda look like they have a hab shape to them. Will they fill out and become more round or is this some kind of hybrid cross? Also the one has little bumps on it....
CAM00396_zps0b696fca.jpg

Here's the bumps

CAM00398_zps9d7d183b.jpg

If you did end up with a Chiltepin / Habanero cross I'll buy some seeds (or the entire plant) from you. :)

Hahahahahaha! I was wondering if you would comment on this. But yeah if so I'll definitely send you some pods.

See look at this one here
CAM00399_zps428b6b08.jpg

I never grew them before so like i said idk of they start like this or what?

No, they should be smooth and round. You definitely have some kind of cross, I'm just not sure with what.

No, they should be smooth and round. You definitely have some kind of cross, I'm just not sure with what.

Thats what im thinking. They were grown around a bunch of different species of Chinese. We'll see what happens i guess. Just didnt think wilds could cross with them.

They were around naga morich, peach bhuts, and a few dif scorps and think some mourgas and butch ts.... Not completely sure cause they weren't my plants.

The plant looks like a annum tho not a Chinese for sure. So idk...

From what I've been told, an Annuum and Chinense cross will take on most of the traits of the Annum. Of course I haven't had the chance to test this out yet.

Parent plant will produce what they are supposed to even if they are crossed. it would take the second generation to produce different looking pods. "Thats a Fact Jack!" My Chiltipins produce different looking pods at times.

Its just got me kind of disappointed. Im sure they will be tasty but its just that thats not what i wanted from them. Oh well life goes on. Lol.

Parent plant will produce what they are supposed to even if they are crossed. it would take the second generation to produce different looking pods. "Thats a Fact Jack!" My Chiltipins produce different looking pods at times.

This would be the hybrid... the seed were from pods that were out door next to other plants last year.

What's up with a dude in Peoria, IL with such a luscious looking plant throwing off mad pods in the middle of April?

Oh I see now said the blind man, by the time I read all the posts I forgot you disclosed that info in the first paragraph, my bad. :rolleyes:

Its all good. Lol

What's up with a dude in Peoria, IL with such a luscious looking plant throwing off mad pods in the middle of April?

Think I'm throwing mad pods now? Hahaha! Just wait a couple months and I'll be swimming in them. I have like 3 of these tepins and 70 something super hots going! I'm getting ready to order some more seed and put all the monsters outside and start over. that way I'll have pods all winter and some real bad ass plants next spring.

^^^^^^ I live in Chicago, but I set my plants on my family's farm in E Warren County (about 30 mins from Ptown). Come harvest season, we should do some trades.

Back