• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

This sounds interesting

Sort of a fusion but not far off the typical carne molida con papas

Some ground beef and maybe a little chorizo (browned and drained)
Papas seca amarillo (dried yellow potatoes)
A can of Ro-tel tomatoes and green chiles.
Lotta onion
Garlic
Cumin
Aji panca and maybe some Aleppo if it needs more zip
Whatever stock i got on hand but probably beef.
Maybe a little canary beans and corn

Very little stock so its thick and not soupy. Served with some rice and a healthy garnish of cilantro.

Meat and taters always good.

I wonder what happens when you take a good hash and make a soup. Hmmm. Example, make corned beef hash for breakfast. Make extra so you can use it in a split pea soup. Hmmm. Sorry, I digress.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Sort of a fusion but not far off the typical carne molida con papas

Some ground beef and maybe a little chorizo (browned and drained)
Papas seca amarillo (dried yellow potatoes)
A can of Ro-tel tomatoes and green chiles.
Lotta onion
Garlic
Cumin
Aji panca and maybe some Aleppo if it needs more zip
Whatever stock i got on hand but probably beef.
Maybe a little canary beans and corn

Very little stock so its thick and not soupy. Served with some rice and a healthy garnish of cilantro.

Sounds ono.

Maybe mexican crema on top.

And tortillas on da side?

IIRC in some parts of "Latin America" its used as a empanada filling. Or pretty close anyway. I see additions such as olives, raisins and chopped egg too. Ive made something similar in the past in a regular pie crust.

Ive got some super tasty massive Tassos olives stuffed with jalapeno and garlic. These things are crazy addictive.

This turned out great.

Over 3lbs of ground beef and 1.5lbs of some locally made chorizo. Aside from the fresh onion i used dried red bell peppers and papas secas. Drained off most of the fat while cooking it down in 3 batches. Chorizo first then the ground beef x2. Letting the meat drain as i browned the next one. Instead of Aleppo i added some of my ripe jala and bolsa de dulce blend. Also added a tbs or so of Kirklands no salt seasoning and around 42oz of "Better than Bullion" beef stock.

Could not resist topping it with a little Mex cheese blend.
UAOhvrf.jpg

s3t3ZaE.jpg

Had some lastnite...no cheese. Just some soft flour tortillas and Smokin Maries hot sauce.

This has to be Mex comfort food. Good camping recipe too if you got some dried/prepper veggie type stuff laying around. Why in the F(*& dried taters are not more popular is a mystery. They rock for stuff like this and prep work is nearly zero.

Brown da meat
Toss it all in a pot
Cook it
Eat it
Fart for hours afterwards

Recipe

3lbs ground beef
1.5lbs Mexican chorizo
About 1 14oz? bag of Peruvian dried yellow potatoes soaked for an hour first in hot water
1 can Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 large yellow onion diced
1-2 tbs Kirkland no salt seasoning
About 3 tbs of dried red bell pepper flakes because i was out of fresh green bells.
1 tbs Aji panca powder
2 tbs ground cumin
2-3 tsp of granulated garlic
2 tsp ripe jalapeno powder blend
Couple pinches of Mexican oregano
About 42oz of beef stock

Back