• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Those of you in the midwest, how are you dealing with the never ending storms?

I'm just a bit curious. I know here in St. Peters we just had a massive tornado cleave through, but even without including that one, we've seen storm after storm with maybe 1-2 days of sun before 3-5 days of storms once again.

Any tricks I should know about?

I've been ready to set mine in the ground in west central Illinois now for about 3 weeks, but the rains haven't let up long enough for me to even plow/till the garden up yet :(

They are just still in the garage in party cups until Mother Nature gives us a few dry days in a row... although they are long overdue to go outside.

The good news is, my plants are about a month ahead of where they were this time last year, and several are already producing pods.  I should have a real good season to look forward to if I ever get to go outside.

I am growing on a coverd balcony it seems its good for something other than blocking Mr. Sun for part of the day, which i see as a draw back. I had to water half my plants when the night before we recived a massive amount of rain. My brothers garden that's in the ground is struggling and you can see signs of overwatering.

I only grow in pots, one reason for this being the heavy spring and fall rains here. Got a wheeled cart to help move them from the back side of the house to the detached garage whenever we're in periods like this. Peppers just don't like being too wet.....

I figured everyone was likely dealing with pots for now, considering we got more rain this past weekend than most places get in the entire months of april and may.

Mine have barely been able to go outside, as it only ever wants to be nice while I'll be at work, and then there's chances for storms before I get off. With my current situation, there's no way to guard them from heavy winds and the like. Hoping this nasty spring lets up sooner rather than later, as I'm tired of watching flowers fall off.

I stuck mine in the ground on Memorial Day, but it was a soggy planting.  I think it has rained every day since then too.

A T5 and my garage seen to be a good temporary home for my superhots, However I have another 40-50 plants setting in a garden in my backyard and even with all the rain here in east alton they seem to be doing ok other than having to dig trenches in my garden to help keep the plants from sittin in standing water.  Buy a grow light of some sort and find a closet garage room etc that u can dedicate to the plants on days like today with rain and no sun. I have a t5 they have them at worms way in overland for around $100-150 and as far as I remember it came with bulbs. But any cheap fixture at lowes home depot or walmart with the propper bulb should be fine as a temporary setup. But all my superhots will be staying in pots all year due to the weather here. That way when the next big storm comes my plants will be safe and sound inside my garage!
20130606_140922_zps350283c0.jpg

20130609_170557_zpsc3545d4f.jpg

Might be overkill 20,000 lumes @ 6500k but I say better to have too much than not enough! Lol

Back