• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Those small colored sweet peppers

Frequently found in bags of mixed colors.  I have searched a few seed places now and cant find anything that looks quite like them. They look like really smooth yellow, red, and orange jalapenos. Anyone know what they are?

Yellow Dulcetta,,and Orange Dulcetta, Red Dulcetta,,,they are 3 different seeds,,,,,save some from the peppers!

:high:
Kevin

The Amish call them "lunchbox peppers" around here. Seed vendors sell them under several names (no surprise), but if you google "lunchbox peppers" you will see vendors offering the seeds for sale. Walmart sells the peppers as "lil sweeties" but they are the same as lunchbox peppers. In Spanish, it would be dulcetta, as Kevin mentioned above. Darn tasty indeed.

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-8949-lunchbox-pepper-mix-og.aspx

Wow that was fast. Thanks! Now I have something to look for.

wayright said:
Yellow Dulcetta,,and Orange Dulcetta, Red Dulcetta,,,they are 3 different seeds,,,,,save some from the peppers!

:high:
Kevin
I tend to assume most grocery store stuff are hybrids that wont grow true.

I took some of those seeds out of an orange one and grew some out, very sweet. Never knew what they were called though, the bag just said small sweet mixed. Thanks :)

Back