• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

thought of grantmichaels....

yeah, definitely the kind of thing i was aiming to make ... i have all of the sensors etc, but am just getting the free time now, actually ...

i think i'm going to open-source an ecommerce template for people to use to buy/sell their stuff ...

i wrote a long post w/ some thoughts, but then cut & pasted the text back to myself and didn't hit Post last week ...

i think i might go ahead and do it, though ...

I think I'm going to open-source and docker-ize a solution, that it can be deployed to a $5/mo Digital Ocean box, or run on a $35 RPi/BBB/Yun etc ...

You aren't usually supposed to run sites off your home internet connection (Comcast etc), but I've never heard of anyone caring when the traffic is as minimal as it's going to be  ...

Even though I don't write Python, I'm thinking about using it so that I'm donating something to the community that's as accessible as possible, to everyone else ... and Python is a good choice in that regard.

Well, or maybe I'll just use JavaScript perhaps ...

I think I'll do this, though. I've kicked it around a number of times before ....
B9df8tPIcAERMlE.jpg

Whatever. Python most likely. That's what the RPI seems geared towards. I have one and an arduino. Got I to it for a hot minute but ..... So goes the way when you cook full time and have two kids u der the age of five.

sirex said:
Whatever. Python most likely. That's what the RPI seems geared towards. I have one and an arduino. Got I to it for a hot minute but ..... So goes the way when you cook full time and have two kids u der the age of five.

Yeah ... I'll see if I can't get a spike down ...

There was a guy in my IoT post in the lounge area who was teaching Python this year, I think ...

Maybe if I use Python we can get some different people working on it ...

Back