• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

THP Member Contest - Kentucky Derby Day 2011

Uncle Mo 2:02.00

Cool contest!

:lol:
Hey there wayright...
I just heard the news that Uncle Mo was scratched this morning,and will not be running in The Derby.
A team of equine vets agreed that he was not healthy enough to run the mile and a quarter.
So you need to change your contest entry.

Hey there wayright...
I just heard the news that Uncle Mo was scratched this morning,and will not be running in The Derby.
A team of equine vets agreed that he was not healthy enough to run the mile and a quarter.
So you need to change your contest entry.
I heard the bad news this morning,Thanks for letting me change my pick CM!
:cool:
I will change it to Archarcharch 2:02.00

Kevin

Is there a consolation/booby prize if your horse doesn't win but finishes in the exact time guessed?

Are we allowed to change our times up to the race?
Yes...you can change your time and/or choice of horse any time and as many times as you would like until 6:00 pm Today.
(if it rains and the track is rated as "muddy or sloppy", the race will be much slower than it would have been otherwise)

Is there a consolation/booby prize if your horse doesn't win but finishes in the exact time guessed?
I included the race time purely as a tie breaker, but picking the exact time does seem worthy of some sort of recognition...doesn't it.

So...the answer is yes.
I'll think about what the booby prize will be throughout the day...probably as I'm downing yet another Mint Julep.
Speaking of which....its getting close to time for a Derby Day breakfast.
DSCF1101-1.jpg

Thx for the input....SL
Good Luck to you.

I would love to be there! a lot of history.

Archarcharch.........203.93

Thanks CM,

MY trifecta

Archarcharch, Mucho Macho Man, Shackleford

Below is the Complete order of finish for the 2011 Kentucky Derby.

I'm sorry to say that no one picked the Derby winner,Animal Kingdom (including yours truly).
But...with this being the inaugural THP Derby Day contest....I think someone needs to be proclaimed a winner.

So....I've decided to amended the initial contest rules and award this years contest prizes for the "winning-est also ran" horse among those selected....or the "Best of the Rest".

That means this years winner is Lucky Dog with Nehro, who finished second 2-1/2 lengths behind Animal Kingdom.

Thanks to all those who participated in the contest.
I hope it made following the Derby a little more exciting for you.
Keep an eye out....there might be a similar contest for the upcoming Preakness,the second leg of the Triple Crown.
And... Congratulations to Lucky Dog !!
(PM me with a mailing address and your "Chili-Headlight" and Derby #137 collectibles will arrive shortly)

1) Animal Kingdom
2) Nehro
3) Mucho Macho Man
4) Shackleford
5) Master of Hounds
6) Santiva
7) Brilliant Speed
8) Dialed In
9) Pants On Fire
10) Twice The Appeal
11) Soldat
12) Stay Thirsty
13) Derby Kitten
14) Decisive Moment
15) Archarcharch
16) Midnight Interlude
17) Twinspired
18) Watch Me Go
19) Comma to the Top
Official finishing time- 2:02:04

Thanks a lot CM !! What a race with the "Jockey-ing" around :) The weather held up nicely - and the two horse literally came from the back of the pack - imagine Animal Kindoms 20-1 odds - I wonder how many people picked the underdog on a whim.

Thanks again CM - PM'ed my address

Onto the Preakness Stakes

On to the Preakness indeed!!
Your Derby Day winnings are on the way to Connecticut....you Lucky Dog you !!!
And nothing brings more luck(IMO)in the 2nd and 3rd leg of the Triple Crown...than being surrounded with Kentucky Derby memorabilia.

IMG_0487.jpg

SO with that in mind....while you watch the running of the Preakness be sure to wear your Authentic Derby Dirt Shirt
...hand dyed with actual dirt collected from the finish line beneath the fabled Twin Spires of Churchill Downs.
...and of course have a shot or two from your Derby shot glass...
...and rinse it all down with a stout Mint Julep in your official #137 Derby Julep glass.
NOTE:
Make sure you keep a Chile-Headlight handy to light your way just in case crawling to the bathroom becomes necessary.
Enjoy!
CM

Back