• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

THP seeks video reviewer for 2018

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Next year we will begin reviews, and we are seeking a video reviewer!

The reviewer Top 10:
  • Get to the point fast
  • Have a good palate and tolerance for superhots
  • Review and score for taste (foremost), texture, heat, etc. (will provide scoring criteria later)
  • Be able to describe different notes and detect ingredients
  • Describe the label and any interesting anecdotal info about the person/co.
  • Have a good onscreen presence and attitude
  • Do not drag on with long videos unless warranted
  • Do not review around clutter
  • Do not play favorites, or be afraid to give honest or constructive reviews
  • Refrain from gross out humor, and too much swearing
If this is YOU, all you have to do is post your BEST video below. If you are already a video reviewer but want to make improvements, there's time to make a video as well. We won't be deciding until next year, prob. Feb.

This is not a paid position but you will reap the benefit of products.

To apply you must not be in the hot sauce biz as it relates to products. If chosen you would receive products as an official reviewer of THP, and review with THP branding present as a banner and/or onscreen.

Members! Use the Like button and comments to let us know how you feel about the reviewers posted. Heck there may be a poll but not sure yet. Anyway, this should be interesting!

Wth, I'll throw my hat in the ring? Although you know I already nominated Peter for the job months ago. :cheers:
I'll have to teach my producer how to spell first though. Ah snap! nevermind, I cant even post my own vids right :rolleyes:
I'm sure we were only suppose to share one vid.
But in this one at the 5:30 mark I believe you'll see me wiping my bhut because I may have shat my pants because the pod was so hot  :rofl:  :rofl:

PS. I was thinking products but that's a good point, so pod reviewers can post too. Obviously some of the Top 10 won't apply.

The Hot Pepper said:
Next year we will begin reviews, and we are seeking a video reviewer! The reviewer Top 10:
  •  
  • Get to the point fast
  • Have a good palate and tolerance for superhots
  • Review and score for taste (foremost), texture, heat, etc. (will provide scoring criteria later)
  • Be able to describe different notes and detect ingredients
  • Describe the label and any interesting anecdotal info about the person/co.
  • Have a good onscreen presence and attitude
  • Do not drag on with long videos unless warranted
  • Do not review around clutter
  • Do not play favorites, or be afraid to give honest or constructive reviews
  • Refrain from gross out humor, and too much swearing

The top ten list is comprised of 11 items... The #1 item has been left blank. Your task: Complete the list by fulfilling tasks 2-11. Once those tasks are complete you must apply the methods used to complete those tasks and determine the #1 task and complete. You have 2 months and 20 days... Do you want to play a game? Great idea ;)

I didn't quit, I retired.  With my change in vocation, I couldn't devote the time I needed to to do reviews that lived up to my own standards. I'm looking forward to seeing this new review section come to life.  I do wish though that the written reviews could continue.  I have always felt that done properly they provide much more insight than a five minute video ever could.

Back