• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Three cornered alfalfa hopper

DatilDaddy

Banned
Found one of these earlier today. I read they like legumes and grape vines, they pierce the stem and suck out the juices. Anyone know if they like peppers too?

YLPLHZ2LXZCZERHHPRHHER0H4RDL0Z6LXRDZMREL0RPL0R3ZSRUL3LELIROZYL6LHZYZSRELHZ2LZZWLYL1LERHHSZ.jpg

tcha8.jpg

When I held it on my fingertip it always turned instantly to face me every single time I moved my hand. Makes you wonder what it may be thinking...

img_7429_enh_1680x1120.jpg

No, not an aphid. much bigger and a whole different species. Did you know some aphids give birth to live young?

Anyway, heres a pic of the nymph stage.

rsz10608tcahnymphcharleslewallen1.jpg

I did know that. I had a brief encounter and did super research.. :shh: I have never seen this insect before.. but research is my thing as a paralegal and I will search till I find a solution if you need

alfalfa hopper.. I see that now that i scrolled. up... I sill love research.. My brain has been trained to search from the bottom up ( no info to .. too much info) sorry!!!!! Anywho, I am assuming you have the answer ahahahaaa!!!!!!

I was just hoping they dont like peppers. I have been doing good with pests besides a few caterpillars tearing up my broccolli and tomatoes, and I would like to keep it that way!

I know thats right! I know you tried the spray... that didnt help???

RAIIIDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! AHHAHAAA!! Just kidding :-

Actually I thought it was a pretty cute bug and enjoyed watching it on my hand. Then he flew away. I was just hoping it would not be something I would have to kill in the future cause I kind of liked the little guy. Not the juvenile though, looks like it stings.

Back