Thrips? Something Else?

I've got well over 100 plants going. Haven't counted in awhile. No issues lately outside of some pesky fungus gnats. Today, I noticed 3 plants of the same variety had some curling leaves and what seems to be almost a powdery substance on the underside of the leaves. My first thought was Thrips. I'll let you take a look:
underside2_zps8aca54a4.jpg

curl2_zps69ee4fc7.jpg

Other potentially relevant info:

* Probably not my greatest idea, but along with some slower growing varieties, I planted 6 jalapenos December 2. They're getting decent sized. I put them on a shelf that has decent lighting, but not quite what they had a week ago. Hoping to slow down the growth a little. So the lighting's changed.

* To treat the fungus gnats, I treated everything yesterday with a bottom watering of a peroxide/water solution.

* Potted in 3" pots 2 weeks ago with a hint of bat guano mixed into the other growing medium (which isn't enriched with nutrients). That's all they've received as far as nutrients go.

Worried I have yet another bug problem. If so, what should I do? Ditch the plants that are showing signs immediately (they're my biggest, but pretty expendable, as they are fast growing jalapenos & can be replaced). Thanks!

Chilidude said:
Looks like edema. Either too much water or too much fertilizer or both.
Let's hope so. certainly a lot more treatable and not spreadable. I did water the day before but those plants in particular were very droopy. Thanks.

Yep, edema.  Try cutting back on water.  Another thing that could be causing it is humidity.  Make sure you are keeping a fan running on them to help circulate the air.

compmodder26 said:
Yep, edema.  Try cutting back on water.  Another thing that could be causing it is humidity.  Make sure you are keeping a fan running on them to help circulate the air.
Super. At least I can fix it & it won't spread. Those particular plants looked very droopy Wednesday when I gave them a watering with peroxide solution. I had been trying to dry them out because of the fungus gnats. Perhaps the stress of lack of water + absorbing the water quickly could've led to it? IDK. It had been raining for 3-4 days straight when I watered so high humidity. A fan is one thing I've neglected... partially because the lights are maxing out the circuit & adding a fan trips it. I've used a fan at night very sporadically.

Thanks!

Back