• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

BIG PROPS to the Specialty Hot Sauce Throwdown Winners...

Scoville DeVille - Scovie's Molé Verde :BOLD:
RocketMan - Crepes Roquette Chocolate Sauce

KINGS OF SAUCE BABY! The first TD to focus on the sauce part of the dish.

I encourage everyone to try these winning recipes, and the runner-up recipes as well, the contestants listed exact measurements and all did a helluva job!

Scovie's on a roll, he won last month.

WHAAAAAT???
This was very unexpected. I thought Keyboard kid had this all wrapped up.
It was tied last night, but wow.

Thank you all for the votes, and fellow competitors for another fun weekend.

Let's do this again! (I'll dig out my photo albums) :rofl:

Congrats to RocketMan for the Chocolaté WIN!!!!!

Scovie with the rare back to back TD wins!  Congrats to both of you.  Tough one Key, keep your chin up.  Your day is coming.  You are getting better every time,

jedisushi06 said:
I gotta figure out how to become popular so i get some votes next time!
Try upping your game instead of being a sore loser, that would help. ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
Try upping your game instead of being a sore loser, that would help. ;)
So taking 2 days to make a cheesecake with a baller sauce means i have no game?  Anyone can make crepes with chocolate sauce.

jedisushi06 said:
So taking 2 days to make a cheesecake with a baller sauce means i have no game?  Anyone can make crepes with chocolate sauce.
jedisushi06 said:
Shit i could have made a compound butter that would have been pretty baller if i knew that's all it took to get votes!  LMAO!
You dissed on the "compound butter" when you thought it was going to win, and when it didn't, then the other won because it was a popularity contest.

Now anyone can make the crepe sauce too.

Okay man. We got it. Yours was the best. It's all a sham.

Here you go, a special crown for you :lol:

doodoocrown.jpg

OOOHHH!!!  The doo doo crown has returned!

Dude, Jedi, your comments are really in poor taste.  We have all been in throwdowns where we get no votes.  It is hardly a popularity contest.  Dissing other peoples entries is certainly not going to make you popular whether you think you are a baller or not.  Maybe basketball is better game for you.

I will admit that's pretty funny!  It's all about who you know and not WHAT you know.  Not saying i should have won but i thought i would get more votes than that!  Rocket man could flambeau a two year old dog turd in brandy and cover it in chocolate sauce and still win!  I doubt that anyone goes through each recipe on here anyway.  All these throwdowns are a popularity contests.  I will prove it on the next one.  Whoever takes a better picture gets the votes. Your just mad because i called it out.

jedisushi06 said:
Your just mad because i called it out.
You got me. I'm gonna go cry and rethink this whole TD idea :lol:

Enjoy your crown. You deserve it.

Great job to all! Good job Scov and RM! Everything looked great :-). Keep up the good work everyone!

For the record Jedi, I did vote for your cheesecake and now I'm kinda sorry I did! I don't think it's a popularity contest at all. You're just being a poor sport!! And what's even more distasteful is that you're rippin on ppl on the congratulatory page and acting this way!!

Great job to everyone!!!!

Congrats RM and Scovie! 

Cheers to everyone who entered!!! 
I hope your dishes were as much fun to make and enjoy as they were to look at from this side of the internet!!
All of them!!!!
Wish I was in on the fun this time. I'll be there next month! 

^^^ahem, if that was true about the photos then I would have won most of them :P .  And I'm an ex chef to boot.  Ppl vote for what makes them hungry.

Congrats Scovie and RM!!!

Key, sooo close.  My magic 8 ball predicts many crowns for you in the future

Congrats to the crown winners. I missed out voting on the last two of these...bummer. I have my own way of voting and nice sharp photography is one deciding factor. I can't eat any of these so those money shots,along with 3 other things is how I vote. I have seen people join this site,vote in a TD and never show their face again. I can't say that friendship doesn't contribute to a vote or two. Life goes on. If there was money or prestigue on the line,I'd be the first to step on a neck,it is a little crown next to your name though!!

Competition is to bring the best out in yourself. That is how you get better and eventuall succeed. I have been inspired by a lot of the dishes here over the last couple years. That's what it is all about. Try to cook a fellow competitors dish. Maybe you can tweak it and share it with them.

Congrats again to the winners!

I got so lost in some boring business that I forgot to vote!!! Aughhhhh. Nice job Scovie! Holy mole! Sweet treat RM congrats!

Back