chinense Tiger`s Teeth Habanero from AjiJoe

Another great pod from AjiJoe. This pepper originates in Guyana.

Not only a gigantic pod, it was really good for flavour and waaay hotter than I expected. What a great combo! Describing this one as a "Habanero" is a bit misleading, IMHO. It has a definite aroma and flavour similarity with the Trinidad Red Scorpion, and while not as hot as that, it is a lot hotter than any Habanero. I realise that Habanero is a pretty generic term for C.chinense, but this is THP! The pepper is slightly sweet with some floral undertones and general fruitiness.

I`d put the heat around that of a good-sized Trinidad Red Congo, which I think is roughly 3 times that of an orange habanero. Given the size, this would probably be a great pepper for cooking with and stuffing, too, as it has pretty thick walls for a C.chinense variety of tis size. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnH0pOE_szg&feature=youtu.be

sorry man didnt mean to almost kill ya

my friend from Guyana warned me early on that this is one mean pepper
it is a great pepper but they take awhile to ripen so if anyone wants to grow this one they should start them early and know they poke around alot in the beginning
awesome review!!

glad you liked it, you dont see this one everyday

thanks that was great

your friend Joe

So I'm sitting here at the office, backing up the computer and doing a state withholding report with this review in the background when I here "no hyena turds today"!

I often can use a laugh at the end of the day and certainly got one today!

Thanks Nigel!

Back