seeds Time To Move Seedlings From Seed Starting Tray

Hi there again.  I have been watching my peppers grow and now most are 2 1/2-3" tall, with a couple a bit taller.  They are in seed starting trays similar to those of the 72 tray starter kits, approximately 1 1/2" square.  The reason I am asking is that the peppers seem to be slowing down in growth.  They have been in these homes for approximately 2 months, give a week or so.  So I am wondering if it is time to pot up into new larger homes comprised of cups?  If so, would they continue their growth?  They are healthy and all, but I was just thinking they need to be moved.  Thank you for any help in advance.

Ok.  Well just got back here after closing 58 deals.  Bought 58 new homes and put 58 back up for rent for next spring.  57 out of 58 clients were happy so far, just 1 did not want to take its roots to the new home, so I will monitor how it does.  Thank you.  And also, I am leaving early Monday morning for the U.S.A. for a few days.  Would it be safe to bottom water these guys tomorrow after a bit of shock from moving today, or when would be ok to do so.  Thank you again.

obchili said:
Ok.  Well just got back here after closing 58 deals.  Bought 58 new homes and put 58 back up for rent for next spring.  57 out of 58 clients were happy so far, just 1 did not want to take its roots to the new home, so I will monitor how it does.  Thank you.  And also, I am leaving early Monday morning for the U.S.A. for a few days.  Would it be safe to bottom water these guys tomorrow after a bit of shock from moving today, or when would be ok to do so.  Thank you again.
yeah i usually water right after i transplant 

I actually include a touch of starter fertilizer that helps root growth to the water after I transplant. It seems to reduce or eliminate transplant shock.

I don't know that "all" use it, but I've had success with it, and yes, there are starter fertilizers sold as such, just check your local gardening/hardware center. I use Miracle Gro Quick Start solution, which has a 4-12-4 ratio. Just find any brand similar to that, and you'll be fine.

4-12-4 might be a touch strong for young plants that are only a couple inches high. I'd use a 50% ratio to avoid stressing them.

Back