• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tiny Habaneros

I have an organic orange habanero plant that is over a year old. I use high quality organic fertilizers. Last year it was producing large peppers. I brought it inside in December and kept it under a grow light and temp of about 60 degrees. It flowered inside, I put it outside in March. I just picked about 100 tiny peppers, the largest smaller than a quarter. I am assuming the less than ideal indoor conditions was the cause?

Attachments

• AA480BAD-B552-4563-8AEC-D0DC79AFB7A1.jpeg
    AA480BAD-B552-4563-8AEC-D0DC79AFB7A1.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 107
My habaneros grew normal sized fruit last summer, I trimmed them down and took them indoors to over winter them, one of them set fruit in the autumn/winter and produced a few very small pods as yours has, it also happened with one of my peach ghosts.we are
ow coming into summer and the habanero has since regrown and the fruit size has returned to normal. My vote also goes to light cycle

Yup same thing happens to me if I let fruits form while overwintering indoors. I've gotten into the habit of keep plants pruned down during winter so that all new growth once they go outside is ready for the sun and heat. YMMV but I've found I get to a big, strong, healthy, and producing plant faster this way then putting them out with over winter growth. It takes some time for that growth to die off and the healthy new growth to form. 

Back