• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds TIP: Use two cups and capillary strip to bottom water seedlings

Just wanted to share this. I had two cups. One red one that everyone uses, and one clear small clear one. I filled the clear one with water and the red cup sits snug about half a inch above the bottom of the clear cup. My problem was the water would not get to the red cup. So i thought, why not use a capillary strip. I cut a capillary mat into strips. Here's my setup:

P1010342.jpg

P1010343.jpg

It works really well.

That's also a good trick to use for watering house plants if you have to go on an extended trip and have no one to water the plants for you.

The size of the reservoir is determined by the length of the trip.

Good to see that working for you PepperJam and thanks for sharing it. :dance:

dvg

nice valuable trick :) my bhut 3 days old's died becos the cup dried up. by the time i came back it has already dropped :( no chance of reviving back. where do u get those strips ? i have not seen them here. or it there another way that we can make it ourselves ?

nice valuable trick :) my bhut 3 days old's died becos the cup dried up. by the time i came back it has already dropped :( no chance of reviving back. where do u get those strips ? i have not seen them here. or it there another way that we can make it ourselves ?

just buy a capillary mat, and cut it into small strips as needed for you setup. They are also known as watering mats.

Back