• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

To re-spray AACT?

My problem is since I folar fed my plants with an AACT, it's rained pretty hard since have (I also soil drenched with the remainder). My question is do you need to re-spray after rains? Like with a fungicide?

"My question is do you need to re-spray after rains? Like with a fungicide? "

I would never do that? No don't it.

I would not use fungicide unless you need it.

No totally going TEA's from here on out. Was just wondering it rains washed it off/killed the living colonies within?

An no didn't mean gonna use a fungicide. Just wondered if you had to re-apply like you do with a fungicide after it rains. Sorry for the confussion.

"My question is do you need to re-spray after rains? Like with a fungicide? "

I would never do that? No don't it.

I would not use fungicide unless you need it.

Correct

AACT replaces a fungicide. Instead of fighting fungi, you are inviting it. The difference is you are inviting good fungi that helps prevent bad fungi from living on the surface of the plant.
Not only is AACT good fungi, but good bacteria and protozoa as well. A well established life system can be created on the leaves, and we call this a BioFilm.

A Biofilm not only protects agents disease and insects, but it also helps bring in nutrients from the air and things that land on your leaves like bird poo. AACT is like natures antibiotics for your plant. With out this system, bacteria will get on your leaves the way it would ordinarily would, like bird poo or excess moisture. If you don't have an immune system for your plants then those things can spread infection rather than feed your plant. This is a symbiotic relationship that has evolved over billions of years (if you believe in evolution)

As for Rain...

Honestly, No one knows 100% yet. This is a science that is still being discovered. What I do know is rain = H202
Does H202 kill Aerobic microbes? and if so does it kill all of them? How long can they survive it? We dont know yet...

This is what I think. A light rain is probably ok. A major down pour in a area that doesn't get lots of rain, probably should re-apply it. I'm sure in places like Rain forests microbes have adapted to it. In Georgia?.?.? No telling how they will survive.

One good thing with AACT, you almost cant over do it. So what do you got to loose by re-spraying?

As for Rain...

Honestly, No one knows 100% yet. This is a science that is still being discovered. What I do know is rain = H202
Does H202 kill Aerobic microbes? and if so does it kill all of them? How long can they survive it? We dont know yet...

Rain has a very low percentage of H2O2.

"Hydrogen peroxide will oxidize many kinds of pathogens and pollution, so it helps to clean the air, as the rain falls."

The application rates we use of H2O2 can kill and slow down micro life.

sounds like something I could build...when I have the time...

Yea I dont know. I think AJ has the best garden on this forum. He never used AACT or even knows what it is. It is clear what it takes to grow healthy plants.

Thanks AJ.

This plant was given No compost tea.

004-2.jpg

Back on subject-I think you should spray after a hard rain.

Off subject- Guru has a magnificent organic garden that is monstrous and he knows what AACT is.....lol. AJ's got it goin' on, he knows how to get things done. Just in a different way. He is open to new ideas and changes his grow up constently. Keeping what works and nixing what doesn't. That's why I love his grow.

On subject- I second feeding again after a hard rain. It won't hurt. Like is said before, it is hard to over feed a plant organically. Especially when we are talking about foliar feeding with an AACT. Experiment, even if the outcome is not favorable in any situation at least you have your own experience to back up the way you grow.

Back