• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food todd. rootbeer - pickle

A lot of love for an unusual product I have recently purchased/tried. Wow! Its delicious and a sauce flavour more people need to try!

z7YYV3ml.jpg

The 'todd' company does some really exciting stuff, their bbq sauce 'tobacco-moonshine' is the best bbq sauce I have had yet! I should review it the next time I have a bottle.  They do also do some interesting ketchups and sauces with flavours including things like burnt marshmallow and chewing gum, I need to try them all! Unfortunately I have only seen the range in 'Harvey Nichols' (a fancy UK department store I rarely get chance to visit), so availability sucks.

I don't know if any US sauce producers do a rootbeer based product but it works so well, so I want to encourage people to experiment with the flavour so I can try more variations! The product has a runny consistency and a smell you would imagine from a good strong rootbeer and pickle combination. My first try was simply on (nice and mature) cheese on toast. The flavours together were incredible and the stuff is definitely a perfect partner for cheese. It works on all sorts for me though and I even really enjoyed it liberally poured over a bowl of chilli. There is a spicy edge to it but only very mild, so for my tastes I had had to turn up the heat by using it with other sauces. I thought it would work well with a fruity trinidad taste and I have found mixing with Heartbreaking Dawns '1498 cauterizer' is just the ticket!

The photos were taken after the first sampling so the bottle is as good as empty now  :cry:

So come on hot sauce makers please do me a proper super hot sauce with added rootbeer attitude! If this already exists then forgive me and point me in the right direction   ;)

Sr4Mcdkl.jpg

yeah i agree with both hophead and lucky dog
its kinda one of those things where im a little apprehensive but would still try it anyway

thanks your friend Joe

Back