toddler day troubles

hey pepper people!

just want to find out from all you people,my pepper leaves are very sensitive to the sun and dry out quickly,they are only now busy with their third set of leaves. any of you had this? because i cant leave them out in the sun for more than a half a day. Any suggestions on what I could do,super desperate here,thnx!  :cheers:

1/2 day of full sun is all mine get, and they like it.
The leaves droop in the heat of the day, but come back after it cools off.

It gets 30 degrees celsius here,and they are in 500 ml bottels,big enough for now,they still small enough,but i give them water 3 times a day from yesterday on and put them in shade in the morning and put them back in the sun in the afternoon,will post pics tomorrow :)

chilli whisperer said:
It gets 30 degrees celsius here,and they are in 500 ml bottels,big enough for now,they still small enough,but i give them water 3 times a day from yesterday on and put them in shade in the morning and put them back in the sun in the afternoon,will post pics tomorrow :)
Sounds like you are over watering.
Are the leaves turning yellow? I would back off on the watering so much. I did the same thing, backed off on watering and waited till the leaves started to droop a bit, gave them some water at that time and within an hour or 2 they would bounce back.

Pics would definitely help. 500 ml bottles are pretty small, and my guess is that even a short time in the sun on a 30 degree day would be enough to raise the temp of the soil considerably!

Again, hard to say without pics, but I would pot up (even as small as a 1 gallon pot) to keep the roots a little cooler for now. final resting spot would need to be larger though.

chico24 said:
Pics would definitely help. 500 ml bottles are pretty small, and my guess is that even a short time in the sun on a 30 degree day would be enough to raise the temp of the soil considerably!

Again, hard to say without pics, but I would pot up (even as small as a 1 gallon pot) to keep the roots a little cooler for now. final resting spot would need to be larger though.
Didnt even think of that, good call

Back