• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Tolemans June Update.

Rocotos
Picture041.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion flower
Picture035.jpg

Chillis I need rid of and Courgette
Picture030.jpg

Carrots, lettuce and Beetroot - need pricking out (free seeds from bbc)
Picture031.jpg

quite a root spread!...........

nice pics....

glad you received my package.....

i got yours a while aback and have already set them.......anxiuosly awaiting for them to burst through the soil

Nice setup. Do you grow the hydro plants inside full time or just big enough to plant outside?

The rocotos got quite a lot of sun damage and have now got a frost fleece cover to cut down the intensity of light. Since then they havent had a single burnt leaf and I havent removed the old ones as I figured they will drop when ready.

This is my first time growing hydro but they were grown in the summerhouse (fancy shed) under a 250w cfl and now that its warmer at night they have been moved to the greenhouse.

Do Americans use the word mate?

Toleman said:
The rocotos got quite a lot of sun damage and have now got a frost fleece cover to cut down the intensity of light. Since then they havent had a single burnt leaf and I havent removed the old ones as I figured they will drop when ready.

This is my first time growing hydro but they were grown in the summerhouse (fancy shed) under a 250w cfl and now that its warmer at night they have been moved to the greenhouse.

Do Americans use the word mate?

Thanks for the info and we almost never use mate mate.

Very nice, look's like you have them tucked into every corner..."-)

Might want to support those Hydro Peppers, without the ground to support them they fall over very easy. I had a couple in 6" net pots take a dive, save them but it was close...

i will definitely keep them in the shade...........i have all of my peppers starting at the side of the house under the eve.......only morning sunlight and evening sunlight they get.............i try not to let n~e ting take in that 12 o clock trinidad sun

Cheers for all the praise :onfire: Lol at all the mate talk!!!

Cheers for the advice Splitcane - Do you have a good method for staking through the corex board or should I build a frame?

Chris

Toleman said:
Cheers for all the praise :onfire: Lol at all the mate talk!!!

Cheers for the advice Splitcane - Do you have a good method for staking through the corex board or should I build a frame?

Chris

I'd do a simple wire or wood frame attached to the hydro base or bench so you can still access everything without to much problem. I run a guide wire from wall to wall, every foot in height then hoop the plants with wire from it...

The only problem is you need to remove the tray to empty the res. Maybe I could build something that can be removed along with the top.

Here is the overall condition from the top What has me confused is nutes are changed one a week. Plant was looking a bit light green on top so I uped the nutes a bit and then it started showing over feed signs ( corkscrew leaves, hooking tips) ??? Seems to recover well from my noobie mistakes.

P050609_1426.jpg

Back