• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

TOMATO PIC'S !!!!

Got two "Phoenix"tomato plants from lowes over the weekend has anyone grown these out before and have a picture?
And any Suggestions I'm looking for one for SIZE & FLAVOR and that doesn't mind some heat whats your favorite?

Smitty said:
Got two "Phoenix"tomato plants from lowes over the weekend has anyone grown these out before and have a picture?
And any Suggestions I'm looking for one for SIZE & FLAVOR and that doesn't mind some heat whats your favorite?
Rutgers

Phoenix  : Vigorous, compact, mid-season variety bears globe-shaped, large to extra-large tomatoes that are uniformly colored. Resists Alternaria Stem Canker and Gray Leaf Spot. 70-75 days to maturity; 10-12 oz. (284-340 g). Determinate (bush type). Blossoms and fruit develop on the vine at the same time. The harvest time is short – 7 to 10 days. Plants are self-topping and seldom need staking; best when caged.

From Bonnie Plants:
  • Fruit size: 10 to 12 oz.
  • Matures: 70 to 75 days
  • Plant spacing: 24 to 36 inches apartl
  • Plant size: 2 to 3 feet tall
  • Plant type: Determinate
Phoenix tomato really shines in climes where summer heat makes the thermometer hover in the 90-plus-degree range. Developed for South Texas and places with similar growing conditions, Phoenix sets tasty fruit in summer’s most intense heat. You’ll see flowers and fruit on plants at the same time. Plants ripen heavy loads of medium-sized red tomatoes that are ready for harvest over a short 7- to 10-day period. If the fruit-ripening window shifts to rainy weather, Phoenix tomatoes won’t crack. Phoenix performs well as a fall crop in warmer zones. Plants are resistant to alternaria stem canker (Aal), gray leaf spot (Ss), and verticillium

My indigo. "Osu" maters
null_zps47046758.jpg

I have three bigger ones outside

My traditional favorite for size and flavor is the brandywine. I also grew persimmons this year and was very happy with them, nice large tasty tomatoes with an orangish yellow color.

Same here, love brandywine tomatoes. I grew persimmons a couple years ago, but not this past summer.

Back